Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Festivities

Christmas Eve Requirements:

Family Party
Delicious Dinner
Dancing to loud Christmas music
Jesus' birth story read from Luke 2
Acting out the Nativity
Mom reading "Davey and the First Christmas"
Dessert
Pajamas
Putting out Reindeer Food on the front Lawn
Kids sleepover together


Getting the food ready

Dancing to Christmas music.  Best song to dance to:  "Jingle Bells" by Barbara Streisand
Brett, always teasin'.

The Feast Table- food not out yet.



This years Nativity Cast:
Mary:  Lexi
Joseph:  Logan
Baby Jesus:  My scarf wrapped up- we couldn't find a doll this year!
Donkey:  Brett
Angel:  Macey
Wise Man:  Landon
Shephard:  Dave
Director:  Kaley
Photographer:  Me
Reader:  Grandpa
Videographer:  Grandma


Joseph leads the donkey into Bethlehem with Mary atop.




"She brought forth her first born son"



"and laid him in a manger" (missing).






"hark!"


Wiseman from the East







Dessert recipe courtesy of my sis-in-law Sophie.  Waffle cones dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint pieces.  Served with peppermint ice cream inside.  YUM.





Hope all of yours was just as Merry!

8 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Macey looks delicious! I am loving that cotton ball beard. Fantastic!

Nancy said...

Merry Christmas! I love the ice cream cones. I want to try some now... although, there's a crazy snow storm outside. Maybe on a slightly warmer day.

queenieweenie said...

Merry Christmas!

brooke said...

You totally captured the feeling of the evening. I feel lke I was there. What fun!

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Denae, this looks so fun!! Kirk and I were just saying how fun it would have been to spend Christmas with family. You guys are lucky!! And Kirk said, "Wow, Denae is really photogenic!!" Thought you should know. Love you.

Angela said...

I love traditions! The Nativity Scene was so nicely done. (my six year old shouted out directions to everyone the entire time. She was supposed to be the "angel". Hark, indeed.) I'll have to check out that children's story you mentioned, too.

rachel said...

Great waffle cone idea.
Merry Christmas!

Nap Mom said...

We perform the Nativity play in my large family but did not think that it would work with my husband's family, which is much smaller. My sister-in-law and I are anxious to try this with the other side of the family next year. Thanks for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails