Monday, December 29, 2008

Family Bike Riding

What would you do if you were on the bike trail and saw this coming at you??





Yeah, we're a big group and this isn't even all of us.






Sometimes when we start off on an adventure and all of the kids are screaming at eachother or crying over something, I think, "what are we thinking?"

Three 3-5 year olds were stuffed in that bike trailer you see below. They weren't too happy about it at first but once we started going it was fine.


And totally worth it- look at the beautiful weather!



They took turns sitting on the floor and having the other 2 kids' feet all over them. Troopers.


Baby Bennett's blue eyes!



I love Christmas break. Family comes to visit, no monotonous daily life activities to be had, and Dave gets work off.... aaaaahhhh wish this was everyday life. But then maybe it wouldn't be so great and "extra special."

Our plans for today are to have a "thank you note writing party"- I'm sure my kids are thrilled. Then tonight we are headed off to a High School Musical Prom. I'm really hoping for a surprise guest appearance by Zac Efron!!

14 comments:

Katrine said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

Our favorite family activity is riding bikes, now that we have a seat for my son! You can't beat the W.C. trails either, so beautiful and you don't have to worry about the little ones straying from the bike path into the street!

Christie said...

LOVE the photoshop effects. What exactly did you do to get that cool look?

Mike and Ariane said...

The lens or effect is pretty cool. It's the first thing that jumped out at me (other than the ambush of bicyclers)! The effect looks antiqued or classic like old photos. Cool!

Lesley said...

Oh how fun! I am so jealous of your weather! I am glad that you are having so much fun with your family. Have fun tonight at High School Musical Prom Night!!!! I want to know how it goes!!

Lauren in GA said...

I love those pictures. Especially the one of the, "Troopers" peering out.

I have my husband around this time of year, too. This is the first time he has had this much time off at Christmas. It has been lovely.

RaeAnn said...

The Mormons are coming! the Mormons are coming! That is what I would think! oh, and I can't believe you know 'zac efron's' name!

Melissa said...

I am SO jealous of your California sunshine and all the cool bike trails in the Bay Area!

Audry said...

What fun! I can't wait until Jaden can keep up on a bike so we can go on family bike rides.

SUMMER said...

How fun... it was nice weather for a bike ride! And these pictures are GREAT! Your photography skills are getting AMAZING!

Amanda D said...

It looks like great fun! Kudos to you for having your kids write thank-you cards. The gift-givers appreciate it!

The Dean Family said...

looks like you guys had a great christmas...i love your nativity pictures..so cute!! and love the pictures from the bike ride..that looks like so much fun!

Cecilia said...

The pictures are breathetaking!

You made me want to go buy a bike now! How fun!

Kath said...

Okay...I am so missing the WC loop as I used to call it. I can not count the number of times I ran that loop--so fun. I am WC homesick! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails