Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Birthday Deets


For my birthday (my 32nd birthday, that is) I accidentally took my kids out of school and we went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. When I was younger it was called Marine World, Africa, USA and I loved it. So I wanted to take my kids. Mostly so they could see the animal shows. We did rides too. Bremily and Landon met us there.

Then afterward we met my parent and Dustin and Moriah for dinner and I forgot to take a photo. I've been SO lazy about photos lately it is making me sad. It's just that unless I have my big camera I don't think it is worth it... but it is, and I need to do it more.

Ok, so, yeah I had a super great b-day spent with my family. The most hilarious part was when Logan told me his friends at school didn't think he should skip school just to go to Marine World. He said to them, "well it's my mom's birthday!"

And then to me he said, "I mean, Mom, who goes to school on their mom's birthday???!?!?" I was like, "um..... everyone." I think my kids have a warped sense of reality. Oh well, we had such a fun day!






One more thing... I used to kind of mock people who would take a million pictures of the animals. I would think "c'mon... you are never going to look back at those." But when the whales and dolphins started doing flips and jumping out of the water I went crazy and snapped a bunch myself because, seriously, how cool is it to see a giant whale right in front of you?? So cool. It never gets old.






Videos by Dave:




(please ignore the photo bomb behind Logan's head lol!)


7 comments:

Kaley said...

love it! I so wish I could of been there. I'm glad you had a good day! and the photo bomb behind logans head was SO funny. I totally LOLed.

Jeanelle said...

I don't know who is cuter: your husband, the whale, or Logan after he got splashed. And I don't think you should go to work or school on your bday. We should just get that day off.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Denae!!!! Glad you had a fun day. I loved the pics and those videos. Dave is such a cute, fun dad and your kids are sweet.

You are the best and I'm so glad you had a great time on your day.

Emily said...

I look large in that picture!! lol, maybe i am in real life though.. i think it's a good thing we didn't get funnel cakes after seeing me in that picture. haha.

It was such a fun day, i'm glad we got to party on your day!

Ashley said...

I LOVE that you accidentally took your kids out of school!!! We do that, too. Your children are so adorable. Those videos are so cute. I wish my kids could play with your kids... I'm glad you had a great birthday.

Lauren in GA said...

I love that you accidentally took your kids out of school. Sometimes accidents happen.

I also love that you call your brother and sister-in-law, Bremily.

I laughed at the, "photo bomb". I googled that after reading your former post.

those are great action shots you took of the dolphin and the orca whale.

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

WOW!!! Amazing shots girl!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails