Well, my brother returned home from his mission last week. It is always so fun to pick up a missionary who has been gone for two years. Someone (me) had the bright idea to borrow a huge van so that we could all drive to and from the airport together. It was pretty much a nightmare. The van was really old and few of us had seat belts. The kids were all sharing belts and squished in the back seat. It was so unsafe. Also my dad was driving and (no offense dad) but it was a little scary plus we had to drive on 880 in Oakland and that freeway is like a death trap. But we made it through alive. After we got Dustin he had to squish in too. He had to squish in with 100 people plus sit and listen to our kids yelling and screaming from the back the whole time- it was a great welcome home party.

Here we are heading into the airport. We are such a spectacle.


Waiting with anticipation...



The first glimpse of him coming around the corner!

Now, if this face does not scream excitement I don't know what does. I'm so glad he was happy to see us!



Isn't he cute?

He looks all grown up to me.


Welcome home Dusters. We're so glad you're back!
22 comments:
ahhh... I love his happy face- Dustball rules- I love the pics.
I could sit in an airport and watch homecomings all day!! Teary, happy homecomings..thanks for sharing:)
So I'm totally getting misty eyed just looking at those pictures. Is there anything more exciting or emotional than a missionary coming off the plane? I love it.
Brooke just beat me to my exact comment. I get teary every time I see a missionary coming or going--including strangers and pictures of strangers! How fun to have him home!
I seriously teared up looking at these. It reminds me of how amazing it was to pick up my brother. 2 years is a long time and so much happens adn then all of a sudden they are grown up men. Loved your pictures.
Welcome back Dustin!! He does look so grown up! This post makes me so excited to see Stephen. He gets home next week!!
i feel so old. i remember when he was born! Life goes so fast! Enjoy having him home.
I was the same with tearing up. It's so exciting to have a brother/sister back after such a long emotional journey they've been through. Such great pictures. He looks so grown up!! WEIRD>
Yeah! Dustin is back! He looks great! That is so fun that you all piled in a huge van! I love it! I love that last picture of him and Macey. So cute! Welcome home Dustin! It gets me excited to see Steve! Whooo-hooo! CC is so sweet. I love her headband! So cute!
I love his excited and happy face! Great pics :-) Welcome home Dustin!
diane is going to be so jealous.
he does not even look like the same punk kid from the previous post's picture. i am so happy just reading this. it reminds me of when i came home and everyone was so happy to see me. it's good to feel exclusively loved from time to time.
I'm vicariously happy.
Thanks for sharing. I was still on my mission when my brother got home so I haven't had this experience. I did get to see him in the airport when he flew from the MTC to Taiwan. That was a great experience.
I got the chills when I read this and looked at all of the pictures. There is nothing like a missionary coming home. I love how the lady behind him coming off of the plane is smiling. It is hard not to catch the excitement. That is such a splendid face he is making.
You look beautiful in the crammed van picture. I am glad you all made it home safely.
Wait a second...I just read the title again...return of brother number 4!! Congrats to Jill and Denny--what an accomplishment...4 boys to men on missions---wow! Being in the "older blogging crowd" I so appreciated such a feat!
Love this post! I felt like I was right in the middle of all of you! Welcome home to Dustin!
SO exciting that he is home!!! I bet your mom is very happy too!
Wow! He does look a lot different from the old photo you posted. I admit I like his hair shorter! :-)
These pictures make me want to cry, thinking about my brother Tanner coming home from his mission next year... :) so sweet!
Your brother is a cutie! I love missionary homecomings!!!
That's the BEST! What a special reunion.
That just totally made me cry!!!! I missed him more than I thought! Plus it made me miss Elder Bogner more than I want to since he still has 14 1/2 mo to go!
Post a Comment