Sunday, June 07, 2009

Documenting Everyday Life



This post is an attempt to catch up on documenting some activities we've been doing lately.  Sometimes I forget to blog about what my family is up to and I know someday I'll be sad about that.  

Lexi has been involved in an awesome dance class.  Her teacher is amazing and the class is full of girls from church that she likes.  They worked for awhile on a dance dedicated to a little girl that died of cancer here in Brentwood.  It was really sweet.  A couple of Saturdays ago they got to perform in a show with some other dance companies at the Inter-stake center in Oakland by the temple.  It was a big deal and she had so much fun.  Of course I missed the chance to get a picture of her in her real costume but here she is with her full make up on- that was her favorite part.


Grandma and Grandpa came and here they are demonstrating some of their own dance moves.  There were a lot of different dances performed- all of them modern dance.  Let's just say that some were very interesting.  It made me want to make up one of my own.


Lexi also had her school musical.  It was called "dinomotion" and was seriously the cutest school musical ever.  Great music, great moves and all about dinosaurs which is something they study in second grade.  



Logan played baseball this year for the first time.  It was good.  He was put on an awesome team with the most caring, kind, and motivational coach.  I seriously loved his coach.  He almost made me cry a few times with how sweet and encouraging and just nice he was to Logan.  He said some things to him about his game that Logan was so proud of.  Logan totally wanted to do well for his coach.  There 
were a few dads that helped with practices and they were awesome too.  Logan had a great season and is totally into it now.  It was a lot of practices and games.  
It's funny because I said we would never do baseball but it turned out to be a really great sport for Logan.






Macey goes to the best preschool in the world and was busy these last few weeks with fun preschool festivities.  They always do a big mother's day lunch with delicious food for the moms and the kids sing to us and serve us our food and drinks.  It is adorable.

She also has the cutest friends.  Look at these girls.  The thing I love the most is they are all so similar and into the same things.  When she has playdates with them they play the whole time and their conversations with each other are darling.  One of these girls is going off to kindergarten next year and we are sad about it.
The last week of preschool they have pajama day, water day and park day.  Water day might have been the best day of Macey's life.  She acted like she had never played in the water before or something.  She had her suit on at 6:30am.  


CC has been busy being cute and being spoiled.  I started off with good intentions but slowly over time I was beat down and I now bounce her to sleep at night!  What?!  At 8 months old?  This is not something I believe in.  Luckily if I bounce her she is asleep in 5 minutes, whereas if I just put her in her bed it takes much longer than that.  I don't really mind holding her as she drifts off to sleep.  It is too sweet.  It breaks my back a little bit though since she is kind of giant.





12 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Macey's flowered dress and C.C.'s smile! Sometimes I believe in being a sucker for whatever a baby (or a mom) wants or needs . . . go with the bouncing til it doesn't work for you anymore!

Kath said...

Nothing, no nothing better than a sleeping baby on a mama's chest. love the image.

angie said...

D- All your kids are so cute! Lexi is so full of life in these pics and so happy... I love it! I am so glad that Logan had a good coach... it's so important- he is a cutie when he runs! Macey is so cute and proud in her swimsuit, I will laways love her curly hair! CC is such a little squishy face and so cute in your arms. You are such a good mom to her to give her extra love and bounce her to sleep. She loves you!

Ashley said...

Busy Busy times, hopefully you can sit back and relax now that it is summer? I doubt it but maybe. Love all th eupdates and pictures. Hope you rback stops breaking soon!

the wrath of khandrea said...

CC and that croissant are the same size.

Lesley said...

Thanks for the updates! I loved all of the pictures! What fun things you guys have been up to! That picture of you and CC is adorable! I love your outfit D-dawg! So cute! You are the best mom! That little girl is so lucky to have you. 4 cute kids! Way to go Denae and Dave!

Tami said...

I loved this post! I love Logan's bball pics, Lexi's make-up, Macey's curls, and CC's 'giantness'! You are going to be so buff from this experience!

Christal said...

cute pics! cc is almost bigger than you you tiny thing you!!!

brooke said...

I love the pic of you holding CC. She looks so serene and comfortable even though you are so tiny! That pic made me realize that CC is so lucky to be in your home. She will never be the same after being loved so much by your cute family. You are doing a good thing.

Lauren in GA said...

Denae...there is so much beauty in this post. You really know how to capture the beauty in everyday life.

I love the picture of Logan from behind in his uniform. Such a big boy...for some reason it made me teary. Maybe because I am always thinking of my tiny little boy.

I love that Lexi's class did a dance for the little girl that died. I have been thinking so much about parents that have children that pass away.

Yeah...I don't really get modern dance but I am sure it was darling with those sweet little dancers.

That is so wonderful that Logan had such a great coach.

Cardalls said...

CC is almost as big as you denae! Such a cute picture...you are such a good Mommy! That poor baby girl who has gone through so much deserves to be rocked to sleep...she deserves the extra love and attention!

Julie said...

The picture of Logan batting has got to be one of my all-time favorites! I love that kid!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails