Sunday, February 01, 2009

32 Things About the Davers

Today is Dave's birthday. To celebrate I thought I'd write 32 things about him. Enjoy.





1. He always hangs his clothes up after taking them off
2. He takes really long showers
3. He is scared of spiders and gets a ringing in his ear when he sees one
4. He likes all food


5. He can fix pretty much anything I need him to fix
6. He likes to grocery shop
7. He laughs loud- too loud sometimes, especially if we're in a movie theater. He laughs a lot too. I like it.


8. He falls asleep really fast
9. He is really good at singing and playing the guitar
10. He grew up in a country town and loved it
11. He is allergic to cats but pets our cat every single night just to be nice
12. He is friendly and smiles at everyone and people love him
13. He loves soda
14. He is very patriotic and it angers him when people bash America or our President
15. He always wins when we play games- he is strategic and I am not. Sometimes he pretends to lose which used to make me mad but now I like it because, well, I'll take a win no matter how I can get it.
16. He loves Volkswagon's. He has had 2 VW Bugs in his life. One of them he totaled 3 years ago and almost died. His dream is to get an old one and fix it up in his "spare time."
17. On his mission he was called to be a Branch President for awhile. He was 20- but looked like he was 16. A girl came in to his office to confess some things and ended up crying and telling him he was too young to understand- which he probably was but he was trying his best!
18. He had a nice scholarship to BYU due to awesome grades in high school.
19. He is a math brain.
20. He loves the beach and swimming in the ocean.
21. He is a supportive daddy and always makes it to the kids games, events, special days, whatever they have, he's there.
22. He is a supportive husband- he listens to me a lot. I know it must be difficult but he cares- I can tell and I'm thankful.
23. He's happy- it takes a lot to get him sad or mad.
24. He is meticulous and gets annoyed if things are not done right, in the correct and proper order. This is a problem in our marriage because I am the opposite and do things quickly and not well, sometimes, just to get them done.
25. He used to be a janitor when we were first married at BYU. He has some na-sty stories to share about it.
26. He loves to have his head and back scratched.
27. He is a CPA and lots of times when he tells people that they are surprised and tell him he doesn't have the CPA personality.
28. He has a hard time driving well and talking at the same time.
29. He can sew and alters his own clothing and mine.
30. He's hot


31. He used to get up in the night with our babies, a lot. Especially Macey. He would take her out of the room, close our door and go downstairs with her so I could sleep. He has perfected the "baby bounce."
32. He is the most positive person you'll ever meet. This has also been an issue for us at times but really I love it and appreciate it a ton.

Happy Birthday Dave!
I love you!


21 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

this is perfect for when you have those little marital altercations, and you think he's a total jerk. you can pull it up, read it, and say, "hey. that's right... i DO love and adore this guy."

i'm actually looking for my list right now.

Steph said...

Happy b-day, love the photo shoot! Sounds like a keeper Denae!

Ashley said...

Happy Bday Dave! I loved this list bc he is a lot like Tyler, which makes sense bc Tyler is always saying how much he likes Dave and how they should get together. Except for the getting up in the night. Tyler is not good at that.

♥Shally said...

Someday I would love all of the blogger husbands to meet eachother! He sounds like a guy Zach would get along with. :)

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

Happy birthday Dave. You're right Danae, Dave is great.

Bonnie and Kirk said...

That was awesome. It's true-- EVERYONE loves Dave. We do!!

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Oh, and you forgot that he is rad at Karaoke!!

Lauren in GA said...

Such fabulous list, Denae. He is a keeper. And you are a keeper for realizing and being grateful for all of the things that make him so wonderful.

#1 is so important ;) What a guy!

angie said...

Happy B-day Davers! We love you too! You are the best and we are so lucky to have you in the family!

Lesley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAV!!!!!!!!! You are wonderful and we love you too! Have a great day!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday, Dave! That list of 32 things is awesome! (Jakob can't drive and talk at the same time, either.)

Ashley said...

What a sweet post, it was fun reading about Dave, is seems like such a great guy. Hope he has a great birthday!

Lorie said...

Sweet post, Denae! Happy Birthday, Dave!

Dave said...

Who is this Dave guy Denae is talking about? He sounds to cool to be me! Teasin'! Thanks Denae... if there's anything good about me, it's because when I met you, you brought it out! I love you!
Thanks everyone for the nice birthday wishes.
(p.s. #28 = false, #30 = true)

Stefani said...

LOL Dave! :D
Great idea... I'm gonna have to start making a list for Brad's birthday. Although I'm gonna have to think of a lot more than 32... ya,... ummm I'd better start my list now.

Esther Ogden said...

That was so sweet, Denae! I love Dave's comments! Happy birthday to your hubby! =)

Christie said...

What a perfect tribute for your guy! Love the pics, as always. Happy birthday!

Jake said...

You two are a match made in heaven. Do people ever think you are twins?

Stacy W. said...

You are a great wife Denae. That was a cool list and You guys sure make a cute couple. Wish we lived closer so we could hang out!-s

Nikki said...

fun list! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Tami said...

Denae you're right...Dave IS hot! I'm so lucky he's my home teacher! Happy (late) Birthday Dave, you are one of the great ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails