I'm obsessed with it lately. It warms me up SO much. Today I purchased a hot chocolate maker for myself. I got the last one in the store, the display model, for 40% off and I was thrilled to my cold bones!
At Panera they have delicious hot chocolate in large amounts and I want it every second.
The cup is bigger than my head (see below).
Heaven.
The cup is bigger than my head (see below).
Heaven.
I just looked at this picture again and realized that I look strangely small and weirdly big headed with a small body. Please realize that the camera is playing tricks on us and I don't look like a child-sized body with an adult-sized head in real life. I think the large cup is also helping to skew the proportions.
32 comments:
Denae! Danny is here visiting, and I had him read a couple of your entries. We had a good laugh. I think Panda Express was one of my favorites. AND, your child-sized body is so funny---(take that the right way!). Also, when Danny saw Dave's picture he said, "Dude, that guy is funny!" Anyway, love it!
Is your Hot Chocolate machine called "The Cocomotion"? We have that one and LOVE it! Congratulations of the 40% off! You know how much I like a good deal! You do look really small in the picture but I like it. It gives it some character!
YUMMM!! I love my Cocomotion that my sister gave me. My hubby thinks it's stupid, but he doesn't understand the love of hot chocolate.
FYI: Diet hot chocolate is not as yummy. Just in case you are wondering.
i too love hot coco..ella even asks for it in the morning...and that hot coco in the picture (with the huge cup) looks so yummy!
ok, Denae, you MUST go to Bittersweet at 5427 College Avenue in Oakland (rockridge) next time you go to the temple. It is SO GOOD. I love cocoa too and it is the BEST I've ever had. If I were there I'd go right now. Except I know they are closed. Really, it is like drinking a melted chocolate bar. I might have to blog about it.
Ok, that is really funny. That pic really is weird, but I'm with you. I'm a Starbuck's junky. Lately, I've switched to the non-fat pumpkin steamers with no whip. Only 200 calories. SOOOOO good!
Do NOT fall into that cup...you might drown! Cute post.
That cup is almost as wide as your shoulders. Looks like some good hot chocolate. We bought the cocoa latte machine from "Back to Basics" and it is THE BEST. Love it. I wish we had a Panera here.
Yeah for Panera...aka St Louis Bread Company! Yep, that is what it really is, starting in my hometown it grew to a chain and of course is called something else, it's only STL Bread Co in Missouri, go figure! Anyhoo, I also love their chocolate croissants and danishs! Yum. Oh, have you tried Dunkin Donuts Milky Way Hot Chocolate? Or pepper (spicey) hot chocolate? Yum! Now I got to make myself a cup!
Time to watch the movie "chocolat" again!
OK I am also obsessed with Hot Chocolate lately. I make myself some every morning and put the coffeemate french vanilla creamer in it. It is so yummy and warms me up. Do we need to see the Bishop about our addiction?
I'm glad you posted the disclaimer about the pic - for a second there (before I read your comment below the pic)I thought "Denae is melting away!" Funny pic - that cup is HUGE! I too am a total fan of hot chocolate. I think I have a cup like every other day to warm up. When one doesn't do the trick, I get a second. I need to get a super huge mug like that one! My favs are the dark chocolate and chocolate mint. hmmm..good! So my sister-in-law gave me a recipe for super good sugar free fat-free hot chocolate. It's great if you need a chocolate fix and want to get warm, but want to try to be healthy. It's yummo!
FF milk (warm up in microwave in regular size mug)
2 heaping tablespoons of plain cocoa (european is the best but any kind works)
2 packets of splenda
That's it! Some people might not like it but I think it's great! Happy Hot Chocolate Making!
Kristi! Thanks for the recipe I will try it and see what it's like. Mint sounds delicious too.
Also, Ellie, I am going to the temple this Friday... should I go to Bittersweet instead of Fenton's afterward?? It sounds yummy so I will try it. Thanks!
That picture is cool. It's kind of Alice in Wonderland-esq. I realize you don't actually have a supersized head but it does look askew.
I have the best hot chocolate from Moonstruck Chocolate. Do you have that in CA? It has cinammon, nutmeg and vanilla in it. Yum. It is SOO good.
Seriously,Denae, that last photo of you is so fun!! The angle does make your head seem five sizes too big. Funny stuff!
Ooh, now I'm craving hot chocolate! My favorite is the Peppermint hot chocolate form Williams-Sonoma. It only comes out around the holidays, but it's SOOOO good!
It's always better to look smaller in pictures. Think if you saw a picture and thought, "I'm bigger than the whole booth." Big is bad. Small is good.
hot chocolate? And here my kids are trying to go swimming...arghh.
I want a hot chocolate machine. That might be my accidental shopping purchase. hehe
I'm drooling. I have been drinking so much lately--I love trying every new flavor. I'm super jealous of your gigantic mug too.
Oh NO!! I sound like the alcoholic on your blog! I've been drinking so much [hot chocolate] lately.
That is one big mug of hot cocoa! I will have to try it! When I first looked at the pic I was like...wait is that her or her duaghter? So funny!
That's so funny, I love hot chocolate, what's even funnier is that Madisen just came over and asked me if she could have some hot chocolate.
This post speaks to my soul - save only A&W root beer floats, hot chocolate is my absolute favorite beverage on the planet. I am determined to buy some kind of hot chocolate maker while we are here so I can have it any time and every time I want it.
Oh, and I love Panera, their broccoli cheddar soup is soooooo delicious!
Okay, bottom line, I love food and I'm proud of that!
Hi Denae,
I am a new blogger and found your HILAREOUS Blog through Natalie's, who is in our ward. So, just wanted to say HI! and that Panera Hot Cocoa has passed my taste test between Starbucks, Dunn Bros, Caribou and Seattle's Best and has come out #1 in my book. So rock on with your hot cocoa and visit me on my blog!
D- It closes at 9. You should plan to go BEFORE the temple, so then you can go again after. You will not be disappointed.
I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is my mission in life to create the absolute best hot cocoa around. I think I told you my favorite is milk mixed with cocoa and a splash of Bailey's Irish cream. Yum. I love your picture - you're hilarious.
i may have to come to your blogapalooza just so i can confirm that you're not actually a five year old with an unusually large head. that picture totally freaked me out! tell the truth- you were sitting on a booster too, weren't you??
When you come to Utah for the blog party in May, you'll have to swing by Cocoa Caffe in Salt Lake (if you haven't been there already). Amazing hot chocolate that they make from real Swiss chocolate that they melt... mmmmmmmm.
You need to go to Cafe Cacao in Berkeley/Emeryville. It is at the Sharffen Berfer Chocolate factory. It is SOoooooo good. You can buy the cocoa at the store too. It has a reindeer on the front. Try the chocolate covered cocoa nibs too. YUMMMMM!
Post a Comment