Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oops! I'm still in a bad mood!

Reason for my bad mood=coldsore

I probably shouldn't be posting since I've been in a bad mood for a week! Yes, a whole week. I've had occasional glimpses of happiness and laughter. But mostly I've just been thinking bad thoughts about everyone I see, wherever I go. The person driving next to me. The pedestrian crossing in front of me. The annoying clerk at every store. The salvation army beggar ringing that blasted bell. Aren't I a great person? I just personify the Christmas spirit in every way!

Now... on to my thoughts for the day.

I've decide that I pretty much hate being a grown-up. It's too hard. I used to think it was all fun and games. Like when I first became a grown up and got to do whatever I wanted. Well, the fun is over. I want someone to tell me what to do, serve me, and give me stuff for nothin'.

Top Ten Reasons Why I'd Rather Be a Kid:

1. Kids don't care if every square inch of the floor is covered in crap.

2. Kids don't have anything on their minds and they promptly forget everything they are supposed to be doing at any given moment.... and they don't care.

3. Kids get to be served a hot dinner every night.

4. Kids get to go to bed at 7pm.

5. Kids get to play with their friends all day long.

6. Kids don't have to exercise.

7. Kids forgive everyone immediately.

8. Kids get a free cookie at Raley's every time they shop there.

9. Kids get to eat a chocolate from their advent calendar every night (I knew I should've bought myself one.)

10. Kids get a hot bath and their hair done everyday, and back scratches every night as they drift off to dreamland.

LUCKY! (SAID IN A NAPOLEON DYNAMITE VOICE)

To read about my last cold sore induced depression click here.

33 comments:

Hollyween said...

Okay. Both this post and your previous post that you linked made me laugh my head off. You are hilarious, Denae.
Would it piss you off if I told you I've never had a cold sore? Have you tried acidophilous? My Dad gets cold sores and swears by that stuff. It will be gone SOON. Plus it's good for you. Bonus.

Hollyween said...

Oh.. and p.s. I agree that I wish I could be a kid again and just enjoy it instead of wishing I was grown up. I had it so easy then.

Paige said...

Boo the STD's. I get them too and there's nothing that can be done.

I'm annoyed by the Salvation Army bell ringer too. At Raley's she's just out there all day, no one gives her a dime, and you know she's making $10/ hour. Shouldn't they just give that money to the poor people? Bah Humbug to that.

Jill said...

That was good Denae! I love it. I'm with Holly too, I've never had a cold sore either.
You forgot that kids don't have to work and they also get their cute clothes for FREE!!!!!!! That is totally not fair.
LOVED the list.

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

My husband and I have had many conversations about this. He told me that he remembers when he was 5 walking past his lazy dog and thinking, "Man, I wish I could be like the dog and have no responsibilities!" So I guess even the smallest of people have their own set of responsibilities! (like brushing their teeth, playing nicely, doing what their mom tells them... tough life!!)

Jessica said...

Sorry about your mood. Sometimes CHristmas is so fun and sometimes it's so not and I'm a little bit lost as to why...Let me know if you figure it out.

Anonymous said...

PS...

Never had a cold sore, but my best friend has the worst ones. She swears that if she blasts the sore before it comes out with an asthma inhaler it kills it. I told another friend this and she laughed at me, until she tried it and it worked! Just a suggestion, don't know if it really works, but it's worth a try?

D-dawg said...

Julie, very much worth a try. Thanks! Now I just need to find someone who has asthma who will give me a squirt. I'll try anything at this point!

Jenna Harris said...

What?! You don't have an inhaler lying around your house? Your kids' obviously don't get croup much or you aren't saying the right things to your doctor. So, here's the plan.

First, have your kid get croup. Second, take them to the doctor. Third, talk about how he/she has trouble breathing all the time and you're sure an inhaler will help. Fourth, pick up inhaler. Fifth, do all this before cold sore goes away and don't worry about the fact that every insurance company from now on will have on record that your kid probably has asthma.

Problem solved.

You're right grown-ups think too much. It would be better to be a kid.

Hillary said...

There are many days I'd like to be a kid, too. You forgot bo bills to pay and trying to budget and figure out how they're gonna make it till the end of the month. That's what they have us for :)

Nortorious said...

I get cold sores. Only people who get real, true cold sores can feel your pain.

SUMMER said...

I am laughing at your old post about this too! Wiping the chocolate off your face! So funny! It is so true and I always think that I want to be a kid b/c I am scared to be the one to take care of them now. If there was an earthquake or someone broke into my house, I fear I would run and hide under my bed and cry for my mom. Why do I have to be the one to comfort them now... I don't know how to do that! And I want to play all day long too! :)

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D-dawg said...

Summer, I know what you mean. Whenever I am scared or something my first instinct is to save myself. And then I remember the kids!

Ashley said...

Ha ha ha, great post and I love the comment about the 5 year old boy wishing he was the dog. So funny! I also get sick of everyone asking for my money. I know that's not the spirit of Christmas. But it's how I feel.

And on an unrelated note, I like my mini better knowing you have the same one.

*Tanyetta* said...

Kids have the best life! You are sooo right! LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!

*looking for my nunchucks*

I have your stuff in my locker! LOL

LOVED that movie!

Awwwwwwww...the cold sore business is NO fun. OUCH. sorry!

AMY said...

It's hard to feel very bad for you when you still look so dang cute even with your puppy dog eyes and cold sore.
I love your list. I think every mom should get a week a year where they go to a facility and get to do nothing but be a kid. We'd all come back better mommies.

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm so sorry about the cold sore. I used to get them all the time in HIGH SCHOOL. Sad. And yes, they are no fun at all. I am sorry. I could always tell when one was coming on and I'd start downing pills of Lysine. You can get it at any ole drugstore. Always worked for me.

Good luck. Tell your daughter happy birthday for me tomorrow. I'm her birthday pal!

chloe said...

Yes...Alicia's favorite phrase: "Being a grownup is so overrated!"

Charlotte said...

When I was a little kid (doing Saturday morning chores), I was SURE that the reason that my parents kept having kids (there were six of us--lots by some standards, a little below average by others) was because they were lazy and they didn't want to work around the house any more.

Sometimes when I get tired of washing the bathroom mirrors, I dream longingly of the day when we will have a few kids of our own to do all this housework for me. Then I'll just sit on the couch, listen to relaxing music, and eat chocolate-dipped strawberries.

I can hardly wait.

;-)

(Sorry about the cold sore)

Lesley said...

Seriously! What a life! I wish I was a kid too! I am sorry about your cold sore. That is annoying. I get canker sores and they hurt so bad and they put me in a bad mood because it hurts to eat and then I am hungary and hungary=bad mood for me! I hope your weekend will be good and go do something fun or treat yourself to a yummy dessert! C'mon, remember the motto: "I DESERVE IT!"

Lesley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rochelleht said...

Charlotte, I used to think that, too!

DaNae, too funny, as usual. I'm so not a big fan of my youngest kid today. I am tired of being yelled at. Should she be done with tantrums at 4? I want to throw a tantrum, too.

D-dawg said...

Les, you're so right! I DO deserve it. Dave's mom is coming to visit tonight therefore Dave and I are going on a date. I'll keep our motto in mind while I'm out!

Rochelle, I want to throw a tantrum too. It's not fair that only kids get to. I mean a serious kicking and screaming one. I'm sure we would all feel much better if we tried that once in awhile.

Christie said...

Try Abreva. It's over the counter and comes in a teeny, tiny tube that will cost you like $20, but it does help them to heal faster. I get cold sores every time I'm out too long in the sun and right before I get sick. Stupid herpes.

I feel you on the inside anger/rage towards strangers. I had one of those days yesterday. I was so annoyed that so many ugly people were at the grocery store. Then I went home and looked in the mirror and noticed that I was ugly, too. Didn't help my bad mood yesterday. I got online and bought myself a bunch of stuff. Now I'm happier today. Good luck!

Audry said...

I'm sorry you have coldsore depression. I get them a lot and every time I do I hate it. They are so annoying and painful. And you feel like everyone is look right at it.

angie said...

D- This is the PERFECT post for my day today! It was hard. I do wish I was a kid. Only, a kid who could do whatever I wanted.

Celia Fae said...

But the bad thing about being a kid would be going to school. Imagine having to raise your hand every time you had to pee! And all of those people telling me what to do, yuck. Plus, your mother dresses you and I never liked how my mom dressed me.

I'd rather be an adult. We can drive and buy stuff. Your cold sore looks painful. Sorry. I'm trying to think of a way to lie and tell you no one will notice but I can't.

shauna said...

I feel your pain, or at least I did up until 2 days ago. I tried campho -phenique yesterday (less than $5 @ Walmart) and I feel like a new woman. It numbs it and dries it out. SWEET!

I thought it was never going to end. I wanted a tshirt that said, "Don't make me smile and don't let me eat or this blankety blank cold sore is gonna crack and bleed again." Let us know what works for you and dream of being a child tonight!

Lorena said...

So, you have herpes...sorry!

I've thought of this post almost every day. Kids really do have it nice...

Bridget said...

Amen sister. Amen. And kids don't ever read nutrition labels. 40 grams of sugar and 22 fat grams?! Giddy-up!!

Jake said...

But if you were a kid again you'd have to do junior high, puberty and all that embarassing stuff all over again. Who wants that?

Natalie said...

I like your list. So true. So true. Did you ever notice that as a kid, Christmas took forever to get here? But as an adult, it totally sneaks up on you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails