Duane "DOG" Chapman.
Is the "Dog" for real?? Is he really an ex-con turned nice guy that wants to save the bad guys of the world OR, is he a racist faker?
This is my question. I have watched his show, and find it to be a bit cheesy. However, for the most part, I have felt that "Dog" was a good guy. Please note: the fact that I thought he was a good guy DOES NOT mean that I approved of his hair or his outfits. They both scare me.
I was especially impressed when he found an "FBI's most wanted list" rapist hiding in Mexico and turned him in.
Way to go Dog!
But now I don't know what to think. HIS VERY OWN SON recently sold a recorded phone conversation that he had with his dad to a tabloid magazine. That phone conversation supposedly revealed Duane "Dog" Chapman using racial slurs!!! How horrible and yucky of him. Now I think he must really be a bad guy just pretending to be a good guy to make some money.
But can you believe everything you read? No, obviously not. I'm so torn about the dog! Are you? Do you care? Dog, are you out there? Explain yourself please!
This is my question. I have watched his show, and find it to be a bit cheesy. However, for the most part, I have felt that "Dog" was a good guy. Please note: the fact that I thought he was a good guy DOES NOT mean that I approved of his hair or his outfits. They both scare me.
I was especially impressed when he found an "FBI's most wanted list" rapist hiding in Mexico and turned him in.
Way to go Dog!
But now I don't know what to think. HIS VERY OWN SON recently sold a recorded phone conversation that he had with his dad to a tabloid magazine. That phone conversation supposedly revealed Duane "Dog" Chapman using racial slurs!!! How horrible and yucky of him. Now I think he must really be a bad guy just pretending to be a good guy to make some money.
But can you believe everything you read? No, obviously not. I'm so torn about the dog! Are you? Do you care? Dog, are you out there? Explain yourself please!


38 comments:
Deane, I'm so glad you posted about this. I too am worried about the Dog. Although his fashion sense leaves much to be desired, he seems family oriented and like he is trying to help the bad guy.
I am not as worried about his racist tendencies as I am about his son selling him out. What a heart breaker! I know the relationship will probably heal, but the world will always know that the son was disloyal to the father. Families need to stick together.
Celia, I agree about families sticking together. No father deserves to be betrayed by his son. So sad. And you called me Deana by the way.
You guys are hilarious. Who is the dog? The only dog I know is D-dawg (you) and snoopy!
The dog is totally scary. I think I do care about this. I would really, really, really enjoy it if he commented on this post.
Ashley, me too! Dog, where are you?
Julie, I thought everyone know Duane "dog" Chapman. He is an ex-con who has "recovered" and made it his life mission to hunt down bad guys and turn them in. He has a show on t.v. But it was just canceled due to the issues I mentioned in the post. Now I'm curious... who else doesn't know "Dog"?
I heard the video (yikes)!!!!!
I was very confused listening to the video. It made NOTABITASENSE!
It was all over the place not even really pinpointing what the issue was.
Imagine stating that you don't want certain people around you because they might leak that you are known to say such and such and here you are digging your own grave. *sigh*
Then the son sold the tape?????
What in the world? Everybody knows not to talk personal stuff on the phone, that's what blogs are for! ;)
p.s. you neglected to mention that beth's outfits are scary too. i mean if we're being fair and all. LOL
good nite ladies!
Tanyetta, I have not heard the tape!! I am too scared to listen.
And I agree with you 100% on his wife's outfits. Heaven help us.
And the nails, and the shoes and clevage to her chin and her obsession with handcuffs and don't get me going.
I like to watch the show and see if I know anybody getting arrested. They haven't made it to BYU-H campus yet, but my husband knew one of the crackhead poly boys.
I like how they seem to touch each person and try to help them change their lives. Plus, they are so darn interesting to watch.
Dissapointing for sure, was up dog?
Really deep thoughts Denae...thanks for forcing us to delve deep inside and answer the tough questions!
And what are you all talking about...just the other day I was shopping for those very boob...er I mean, black dress!
This is one of my secret coveted jobs. I have always wanted to be an undercover spy. He has always scared me a bit. I know I am a post late but I was dying over your fasting post. I made Garrett read it. I feel like my mouth is always half open in a big grin when I read your blog.
Denae~ I am so thankful that you brought up this important topic. The DOG has done some good work in his life. I have not heard the tape b/c I am scared of bad words. From what I gather, it sounds like a really heated conversation between a father and a son and he was maybe just trying to scare his boy by using bad/mean words. I agree that we need to hear from the DOG himself. From DOG to D-dawg... ON THIS BLOG! For now, my respect for the dog is gone. I can't handle racists. BTW my brother works with the DOG's cousin in UT. in the same type of work. He told my brother that he'd be able to meet dog! (oh, the blog that would make)
I am a dork, but I don't know who this Dog is! I know that like everyone else am scared of both his and his wife's outfits and hairstyles!
I called you DeanA? When???? You are entitled to call me Cecilia once. But not Sylvia.
The dog is screwed. Normal people don't use those words in regular conversation, even if they hate the girlfriend. Dog belongs in the pound.
I saw it. It doesn't say DeanA it says Deane. Like Dee Anne. A much lighter offense. I take it back, you can't call me Cecilia. You can call me Cecil.
Cecilia, You didn't CALL me that but you wrote that in your comment above. It's ok though.
The DOG is hilarious! I don't watch the show but my sister is obsessed. Just from the looks of things... I may have to say that he is a BAD DOG! The hair do and attire says alot! :)
I put myself in his son's shoes to understand why the son turned him in. If my soulmate was the object of my parent's hatred and racist slurs were used, out of hurt I might react the same way. It saddens me that people seem more fixated that the son turned him in than the racism displayed. Is this not the same with that police officer turning his bank robber father in? Everyone applauded him didn't they? Why is this any different? Wrong is wrong.
But hey whatever.
I agree with Paige dogs like him belong in the dog house. NOt up on the whole story, but by the looks of him and his wife I am questioning their state of mind
The fact that his son taped the conversation makes it seem like it is a frequent occurence. Maybe we just learned more about him that we wanted to know. It bothers me when name-calling sticks with someone beyond the playground in 2nd grade!
I think this dog needs to go to obedience school.
I don't know who "the Dog" is either! I guess you learn something everyday! Anyway i would be happy to fill you in on the adoption process. What questions do you have? You can comment on my blog or email me at heidibird22@yahoo.com. I check them both!
Sorry to say this, but I don't know who the DOG is and I don't care!!!
Don't hate.
I just have priorities on what I waste my time with :)
D-dawg-
This is the DOG! I just want to say thanks for all the support! As for you haters- my outfits are ahead of my time, you will all be dressing like this one day. Uh..the phone conversation was just an angry moment for me. (don't all ex-cons have them?)
Once again thank you to all my fans!
-Dog the Bounty Hunter
d- i have watched the dog on occasion and i think he is for real. i am so afraid of racism and it scares me when people fly off the handel and go on a rampage.
I am feeling worried and confused.
Help!
I agree with Paige... to the pound he MUST go! I thought he was "good" but people can't just "slip up" on a rant! o.k. I must be fair, i haven't heard the tape and don't plan to, but maybe his son did the right thing... maybe he'll learn a lesson, the hard way. For me, I don't care how many "bad guys" he catches now, he's a bad guy. As far as family sticking together, shouldn't he be a loving and accepting father????
Ok, my husband and I have seen his show and I have to admit that we both crack up when we watch it. I don't know if he's really bad or really good - like you said, you can't believe everything you read or see. But have you noticed that it's a lot easier to believe the bad stuff?
I have an unhealthy fascination with the Dog, but his latest antics are too much. As he knows best, eventually the piper must be paid.
Seriously, and I know this comment may come under fire, but what's the big deal about racial slurs? How is a racial slur any different from any other comment intended to be hateful or hurtful, people just need to grow a thicker skin, learn to let things go, focus on the good, and recognize ignorance not give it creed. This campaign against racial slurs has me almost to the point of wanting to use them just because I'm so sick of all the whining and complaining... so suck on that ACLU. On a lighter not - Hi Denae
Is that Adam Harlow? hi! And thank you for your opinion.
And I'm freaking out that DOG HIMSELF commented on my blog!
But Dog, I don't know if all ex-cons have "angry moments" as you called them. Even if they do, that was not an excuse! And, I was a fan but have to say that I am now siding with most of my commenter's. I think it is good that your show was canceled. I guess you are not as nice as I thought you were. I think your true self showed up on the tape. Your son probably knew you would say those things (meaning you always say them) so he taped you. I'm sorry. I hate to see someone betrayed by a family member BUT you need to get some help with your racist issues and perhaps anger management? So sorry Dog.
D-dawg
I don't watch the dog. Was that seriously him on your blog? Am I gullible?
I did hear about this on The View though. I hate the "N" word. It has racist connotations so how will we ever know wheter he's racist or not? It's all a he said/she said thing. Dissapointed in you, DOG.
I can't believe that you really got the DOG himself to comment on your blog!!!
OK guys... here it comes... Dave comes back to blogland for a brief stint to comment on what I think is a big issue. I'll start off by saying that I'm not racist, I hate racism, and I'm sad that Dog has those racist tendencies.
Here's my take... Dog is a person with a past (can we all relate?). Well, his past was filled with a lot of problems and a lot of issues that he had to deal with and overcome. He's overcome drug addiction, violent behavior, gang issues, etc. I think the improvements on those aspects of his life made such a huge difference, that nobody ever worried too much about the racist tendencies.
So, as mentioned above, Dog has had it brought to his attention in a difficult way, the fact that --while he's doing better in a lot of ways and helping people-- he has some other issues to deal with.
I think that Dog will overcome this problem the same way that he has overcome all of his other problems. I think we Christians have to say "Hate the sin, love the sinner." Dog has issues that he needs to overcome, and he needs people's love and support to get over them. When has an outpouring of hate ever helped anyone to heal?
So, Dog, if you're out there reading, I wish the best for you. This is one guy who isn't a hater.
Dave, a.k.a. "Dog" expert. Thank you for your opinion, and your take on the whole thing. I agree, after watching the Dog on Larry King tonight, forgiveness is the way to go. Good luck Dog.
I came back to read everyone's comment on the Dog.
I have to say, I am NEVER surprised when someone has been 'caught' saying the 'N' word. Or when the word comes out that such and such said such and such. I guess I've lived a life that nothing really surprised me now a days.
As I mentioned, I listened to the tape (clutching my pearls the entire time of course) and I wasn't surprised or offended. I'm sure Dog isn't the first and won't be the last person to say hateful words things to and about people. I am in no way making an excuse for his behavior. I'm sure he's kicking himself right now for doing what tons of other people in this world are guilty of on the regular.
I wasn't shocked A&E took the show off the air. I'm sure Dog will be back and he's probably repenting to the 1000th power!
Post a Comment