Monday, October 21, 2013

SOCCER!

Another year of soccer. I love it for the exercise, the 2 times a week playdate with friends not at my house, and the experience of being on a team.  I don't love the Saturday games.  Ok, I love watching the Saturday games, but I don't love the time it takes away from our Saturday. I don't know how long we'll keep doing soccer.  Both Mace and Logan love it but they also love other sports and can't do everything so we will see.  We have the most ideal soccer situation possible though.  My kids have the same coach- a wonderful dad whose kids are on both my kids teams. Plus he played soccer in Italy so they all listen to him.  Plus he is super nice and doesn't care about winning but having fun and learning the game. Totally my kindof coach.  Also, their practices are at the middle school down the street so almost no driving has to be involved AND their practices overlap a bit.  It really is so perfect and I love it.






Macey has played goalie a few times this year.  She's on the fence about it.  It's a lot of pressure but fun too.





Logan's games are getting intense.  I like to watch them but I get super nervous too.  The other day Logan was slide tackled by some gigantic kid.  To say I was angry is an understatement. I can't help it but when my kid is hurt I just get super mad.  Plus he was literally about to score when the kid slidetackled him.  I guess slidetackling is allowed if they hit the ball, but this kid hit Logan's ankle and seeing him crawling on the grass trying to get up made me sick.  Luckily he was ok.  And the team got a free kick and scored so that was cool.  He did have a sore neck and some bruises for a few days.




Poor Mack is dragged from field to field.  I think he likes it though- most of our fields have playgrounds too!  YAY!






The season is not quite over.  It seems to be longer every year.  A few more weeks to go!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails