Sunday, October 06, 2013

Lately...


Logan is running Cross Country this year and loooooves it.  And I actually do too.  The practices are in the hills by our house so Dave has been going almost every time and running with the team- it is fun for them to run together. The meets are surprisingly fun too!  They're always at a pretty park in the evening and since they're on Fridays and the girls don't have stuff going on we all go together and it's been a fun family activity... with my kids getting bigger and busier I feel like we don't get as much full family time so I love it when we do!




Logan is a good runner and fun to watch.  My feelings get overly intense whenever I watch my kids do any sports but I love seeing how proud they are when they do well, or how they stay positive even if they don't do their best.  I love seeing them push themselves too and just TRY.  It really is great.








The first meet was in the Oakland hills so we stopped at the temple afterward and walked around.  It was a gorgeous night- clear, but with cool clouds.  I love the view of Oakland and SF in the background.






Love this view of my kiddos too.



Last week Logan wasn't feeling that great so he stayed home from school.  By 10am he was better but of course didn't want to go to school so he came to story time at the library with me and Mack and then the boys had a picnic in the backyard.  Mack looooved having his big brother home for the day!


The moon was so pretty one night so I rode my bike up the street to get some photos.



Photos never do it justice but I keep trying.

Since my brother Landon has been away at school he calls me periodically to chat.  Well, when my kids find out it's uncle Landon on the phone they follow me around until they can get a turn to talk to him.  It was cracking me up the other night because they're so happy to talk to him and tell him what's going on with them but normally they don't like to talk on the phone at all!  Apparently Uncle Landon is still a celebrity to them.  I literally was hiding in my bed last time he called so just I could talk to him alone without being interrupted!




For those of you who have bigger kids or are still getting used to "tweens," do you ever feel totally outnumbered and surrounded by humans?  I can't hide from them anywhere!  If you hide from a toddler you definitely have at least 10 minutes till they find you.  With tweens I can't even get 10 seconds before they find me! Whether it's the bathroom, the pantry, the garage... they have some sort of sensor or something.  

Also, wasn't general conference soooo good this weekend?  It always goes by really fast but it was super great and I can't wait to re-listen and read the talks again.

Have a great week!



1 comment:

MollyE said...

Oh my goodness, so true about not being able to hide. Drives me crazy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails