Monday, October 08, 2012
The List
There are a few things that make me feel really confident in my mothering- like I'm doing a good job. And even if everything else doesn't get done- when these get done I can go to sleep in peace.
- Reading scriptures with the kids
- having family prayer all together
- making them a good healthy well-rounded dinner, including dessert
- reading to them from a chapter book
- warm breakfast, healthy bag lunch
- tucking them in at night lovingly
- lots of outside play time
And that's pretty much it. There are other things I think are important like making them work and hugging and kissing them (of course). But if that list up there gets done I feel great. Today it all got done. Today was a good day. Somehow I love them more too... when I'm doing my best. Most nights I go to bed feeling a little bad about something I did, or something I didn't too. And I know that's just the nature of the job. But the nights I climb into bed knowing the good stuff got done I feel like I'm on top of the world! It really is the best job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love that list. It really does describe a job well done for a mother. There are things I need to be better about. But even when I do one of those things - like read to them from a chapter book - I walk away feeling like I really am doing good things for these kids.
You may have already posted this previously, but what time do you get up in the morning? Do you get up before the kids or with them or after them? I am constantly telling myself I need to get up and make them oatmeal in the morning, but I just can't seem to get out of bed. It's a problem.
(I do remember you posted Dave is teaching seminary again. Crazy!!!! Does that make a difference in your morning/evening routine?)
I loved this list, Denae. I love it when good days come together for me. I go to bed with guilt, too...and wish I were perfect.
I agree though...it is the best job in the world.
Great List!! I've missed reading your blog! :-)
Post a Comment