This week I've mostly taken a break from picking up my house. It's summer and everywhere I turn there's a mess. It drives me crazy but when I pick it up, it is messy again after a few hours (or less)! Today I realized that the mess really represents what is going on around here so I decided to take pictures of it instead.
The Pluots above are from my mom, and Macey and Mack have been loving them.
Below is a pile of clothes ready to get packed for camping. We're leaving Thursday morning but I made my kids gather stuff for their chores this morning.
The kids scriptures are still out from Family Home Evening last night.
Macey's piano bag is out because today we went to meet a new teacher. I love that she's so close to our house that my kids could walk to their lessons! Life changing! But she's more strict than our old teacher and I hope the kids will enjoy themselves as much as they did before.
Our backyard is more piles of camping gear ready to be loaded.
Macey's art projects are everywhere. She loves to make cards right now! But for some reason, picking up her mess is impossible for her.
Lexi's cell phone box (should be in her room!) Yes, she got a cell phone. She had her first real babysitting job and they didn't have a land line. She's so responsible and there are lots of guidelines she has to follow... but it is nice that I can always get ahold of her wherever she is.
Logan's Olympic torch from cub scout Olympics the other night- it was fun. Don't know why it is STILL laying around though!
Kara's Cupcake bag filled with an amazingly delicious cupcake from a friend for my birthday. It was like a chocolate salted carmel filled one- so good.
Towels always drying in the bathroom from almost daily afternoons swimming.
The Vitamix because I must make smoothies everyday for my baby who won't drink milk!
And that about sums up our life right now. How exciting right?! There are also school supplies out (the kids) and peppermint patty wrappers around (mine). And random pantry items because Mack's favorite thing to do is raid the pantry and spread it around the house!
I am looking forward to school starting so my house will stay picked up for a few extra hours a day.











2 comments:
This was a great idea to take pictures of it all. It really does tell the story of what is going on in your life.
I like the card that Macey made...even though she left a mess. True artists like to leave things out in their work space. ;)
My house was insane before two of my kids started school, too. Kobe and Tate are still at home, and I encourage them to watch TV or play on the computer all day so that the house stays picked up. :)
Could you tell us what the guidelines are for Lexi's cell phone? I think we're going to get one for Kobe this year, for peace of mind. It's just going to be a flip phone, but I'm thinking of disabling texting because I just don't want any chance of drama/bullying/bad words, etc. I'm a paranoid mama!
Post a Comment