First of all, there are homemade cookies 95% of the time.
Second of all, I pretty much buy anything they mention they would like to have in their lunches. And I surprise them with it.
Third, I mix it up. Most days of the week it is something different than the day before.... rarely the same thing twice in a row.
How lucky can these children be?
Each lunch includes a drink (or money for milk), a sandwich (pb&j, deli, or uncrustable), fruit item (strawberries, grapes, apples or bananas), one dessert (homemade cookies or other homemade baked goods depending on what I was craving the day before), crackers or chips (for snack recess).
Some of our recent favorite lunch time items include:
*my homemade cookies (of course)
*squeezable applesauce:

*Fruit leather:

*chocolate milk (occasional treat)
*JIF peanut butter to go with apple slices:

*Frozen Gogurt
*Pirates Booty
*Occasional mini candybar for a little surprise treat!
I really should start making myself a lunch at the same time because usually around 12:30 everyday I'm in the kitchen digging for something to eat and this week it has been chips and salsa or hunks of sour dough bread. My kids have it real good.
More posts to come about my awesomeness.
8 comments:
I love it! My kids are going to wish you were their mom...I don't pack lunches that are nearly that good. Maybe I'll do better this year.
You really are the bomb! Those lunches are incredible. And it is frustrating when children have no idea how lucky they are.
School lunches are a really, really hard part of mothering for me. Because they have to do with food. I like routine and consistency so the lunches are always the same and always boring. And my kids just matter-of-fact informed me today that they don't eat their fruit.
You are amazing.
I am even more impressed with you than before. The homemade cookies are the bomb, indeeed!! Actually, all the things you mentioned are the bomb!
Wow, you are nice because I don't make my kids' lunches at all. They have to make their own.
Thanks for the fun ideas for lunches! I seem to always pack the same thing and my kids would be thrilled to change it up!
"more posts to come about my awesomeness."
I seriously laughed out loud at that. Not LOL laugh out loud, but really absolutely truly cracking up at my computer.
I Can hardly wait for all the coming posts about your awesomeness.
Packing lunches is the bain of my existance. I hate it! Thanks for giving some ideas. I know they hardly eat half of what I give them, I get so sick of finding food brought home and untouched. Any ideas in the after school snack department? I also hate that. I think I hate feeding my kids...is it the pickiness? the ungratefulness? AAAUUGGGHHH!! I realized I just used the word hate a ton, sorry, I'm really not a hateful person-just venting! :)
Brooke- I"ve been making them a hot breakfast (pancakes, muffins, french toast or eggs, egg sandwhiches etc) so that they can just have cold cereal after school- it is so great not to have to think of an after school snack!
Post a Comment