Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dads

Only a dad with a tired face,
Coming home from the daily race,
Toiling and striving from day to day,
Facing whatever may come his way,
Glad in his heart that his own rejoice
To see him come home and to hear his voice.
Only a dad, but he gives his all,
Smoothing the way for his children small,
Doing with courage so stern and grim
The deeds that his father did for him.
These are the lines that for him I pen,
Only a dad—but the best of men.




I feel blessed to have a father that took care of us. He worked hard everyday so that we could enjoy our lives. He made sure we had what we needed and much more. He sacrificed for us and we knew he loved us.

Now I have a husband that does the same thing for my children and I am so thankful.


Happy Fathers Day to my two favorite Dads.
What would we do without them?
They are the best.


I've always loved this talk here.


2 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

beautiful poem! Happy Father's Day!

Lauren in GA said...

Happy Birthday to your two great Dads.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails