Sunday Stations!
I have memories of my mom doing this with us when we were little. I've done it before but not for awhile. Yesterday it was a success- it kept the children busy, and they loved it! My kids are easy to please.
Step 1: Make your children get all ready to go to church before they can start stations. This is great and minimizes the rushing around to get out the door on time.
Step 2: Figure out 3-4 activities they can do on their own.
Step 3: Set the activities out in different areas of the house.
Step 4: Make a snack for the last station because who doesn't want to end with a treat?
Step 5: Send each kid to a station and set a timer for 15 min.
When the buzzer goes off, everyone switches. They're not allowed to know what each station is until they get there.
Step 6: Sit on the couch and rest your eyes while they're working. Or sit in the kitchen and eat a bunch of muffins. Or both.
Our stations this week were:
Make a crafty card to mail to Great-Grandma B

Do a crossword puzzle, word search, and coloring page:


(I printed these off from "The Friend" online- they all were gospel related).
Last Station- eat some delicious muffins together.


There you have it!
A simple, easy Sunday activity that kept things quiet while I got ready and had some alone time.
AND it makes you feel like a great mom afterward.
That's the best part.
p.s. for more "how-to" posts go here.

11 comments:
GREAT idea!!!
You are the cutest mom. I'm glad you are getting to have more kids. Because more kids need moms like you!! This is better than great! I LOVE this.
Denae, I LOVED THIS! Such a great idea and I am totally copying it.
Your kids look so cute! I love their outfits for church. Logan looks like a little man sitting there working on his card for Great-Grandma B.
Such an awesome idea! I think this would even work for my older kids.
Great ideas! Sundays can be tricky and any help is great!
My kids are all a little older, but I think these could be adapted.
Thanks.
This is GENIUS. I love it. Am totally going to be doing it with my kids. Thanks so much for playing along! You are awesome, girl.
Great idea! Do you think I can make it work for my teenagers?
I love it so much and will definitely keep that in my for when my kids get a little older and more responsible :-)
Absolutely brilliant!
That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I hope things are going well. We are still praying for you and sweet baby boy. Love you!
Really great idea!!! I'm gonna try it!
Post a Comment