Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Year Begins...



I can't handle how time is flying. School is here again and my kids are looking bigger and bigger. This year I have a 4th grader, 3rd grader, and Kindergartner. I have to admit I was a teense emotional sending Macey off. She gave me kisses and marched right in, and I just stood in there in shock that all my children are in school now and that they were just three babies not too long ago.

They all had a great first day and I feel SO lucky that they got the teachers they got. They scored big time in that area. I have four hours a day to myself. It will mostly be spent editing photos, exercising, reading, running errands, and preparing for the after school shift. I am excited about it. This year Lexi stays until 2:50 and it has dawned on me that I will have her for only a few precious hours a day between school, soccer, dance and other things. I have to make those hours the best I can! For all three of them. That's my goal.





7 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I can't believe A)school's already started and B)you're home by yourself during the day. Wuh the wuh-wuh?

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

aaaawww...how cute! Mom's deserve to get emotional when they have 3 adorable munchkins leaving on their 1st day of school... ;)

Lauren in GA said...

I love the little K that Macey's little hands are making. So cute.

You posted a long time ago about being ready for the swing shift. (When the kids get home from school). I have thought about your post ever since. I want to be ready for the swing shift this year.

RaeAnn said...

I especially like Macey's kindergarten gang sign! I have to say, those pics are infinitely better than the ones of me and my sibs before school!

Amanda D said...

Are you on a year-round schedule? Is that why school is back in so soon? We don't start until Sept 7. Like you, I'll have a 4th grader and a kindergartener. My third will be in 2nd though. Enjoy your hours!

Stefani said...

Akk, just wait until you have a 17 year old a 15 year old and a 12 year old. I am dying here. Really! They were just your kids' age... YESTERDAY! Enjoy your time!

Kath said...

I am NOT NOT ready for school to start. Thanks for the warning. Your children are (still) adorable. so happy you are relishing the time:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails