

Logan was baptized on Saturday. It was a really special day for him. He was very excited and so many loved ones came from near and far to be there to celebrate.
I tortured him by a)making him wear a suit (he hates church clothes)
b) making him pose for a million pictures (he hates doing pictures).
He was a good sport though and I loved him to pieces in his suit so it was all worth it.
Our special guests included:
Grandma Susie
Grandma and Grandpa Blodgett
Plus we had lots of our friends come to celebrate too. Thanks to everyone who made it! Logan had a great day.

On Sunday in church the Bishop had each child who had been baptized come up to the stand so the ward could welcome them into the fold. He asked them to bear their testimony. I was not aware that he was going to have to do that. I know that Logan was super nervous but I was so proud of him for being brave and walking up to the podium and bearing a short but sweet testimony.
Logan is such an obedient and thoughtful child. He has a big heart and the desire to make good choices. He is the definition of sweet and I hope he stays that way. I am so thankful for moments like these as a mother. Watching him get baptized and confirmed warmed my heart and I felt so much love for him and so much gratitude that I get to be his Mom. I am so blessed!
p.s. I have to talk about the food for just a second. When I counted and realized I was going to be feeding around 50 people I wanted something yummy and extremely easy. My friend Amy helped me decide on Pulled Pork Sandwiches and told me to buy a pork shoulder from Costco. It was the size of a one year old child (for $30). We cut it into thirds and cooked it all day in 3 crock pots with an onion soup packet on top. Then I poured Kinders Roasted Garlic BBQ sauce all over it and let me tell you it was the most delicious meat I've ever had. I've been eating it all week long. Seriously go get yourself some of that magical sauce and try it! You will not be disappointed!















15 comments:
congrats to your adorable little man, looks like it was quite the celebration. I definately want to try the pulled pork thing! Sounds DE-LISH-OUS!!!!
He is the cutest, sweetest little boy! What a lovely day. You look great too--you have the best church clothes!
Awww, he's an angel! Congrats, to you and to him.
Congratulations, Logan! How exciting! And way to go on bearing your testimony without warning! I thought they only did that to adult leadership.
And his suit is just perfect.
Denae, you looked so cute! I love your outfit and your shoes! You are such a great dresser, I'm embarrassed I ever even suggested things to you. Which, by the way, I accidentally bought a different dress for me to wear. I'm so confused, we'll have to talk about it.
And the pulled pork sounds delicious! What a great idea for a huge group. I am stressed just imagining feeding 50 people. I am not a party planner.
Wow. I'm so glad you did this baptism post. It gives me both stress and peace for Levi's upcoming baptism in two days. TWO DAYS! Talk about stress. And the food... I maybe should have done the same thing you did, but I decided to make it SUPER easy on myself so I didn't have to make ANYTHING at all. But did you know a 6 foot Blimpie sub is $75.00? Good honk! That's a lot! Oh, and John spent about 2 hours last night getting a suit for Levi. I think it was a painful experience. Where did you find Logan's?
oh, and sorry I'm making this comment all about me...
I wish you lived closer so I could have you take Levi's pictures. Logan looks so handsome and you're such a great photographer!
He is such a handsome boy, Denae. I love all of the pictures of him. You look fantastic in the family picture. I love your skirt. Dave is cracking me up in the picture of the two of you kissing Logan's cheeks.
I love the way you described Logan. He sounds like such a great little man. I love the suit! We have the same ties...we got ours from The Children's Place. If I lived closer I would have had my boys wear theirs so they could match your handome Logan ;).
Yay! Congratulations to Logan! We wish we could have been there. Thanks for letting us feel apart of it by posting these pictures.
I just wanna kiss those cheeks! That boy is Cu-ute!
What a cute little man!
He such a handsome guy! That is so exciting for Logan- I'm glad so much family was able to be there with him.
That pulled pork description is seriously making my mouth water right now... yum!!
and p.s. Can I please have that adorable outfit you have on?! ok ok, maybe just borrow?! :)
he is so cute! what a great day eh! They grow up so fast! My boys have the same tie too! He looks pretty sharp in his new suit!
I love you Logan! You look SO handsome!
Logan looks so handsome in his suit. Glad it was such a great day!!
He is perfect! LOVE the family photos!
Looks like a great day for him. I can't believe how quickly these kids grow. Your family picture is beautiful.
Post a Comment