Friday, May 14, 2010

Definitely Not The Mother of the Year


Today Macey wanted me to play doctor with her. She got her tools ready and told me she would be waiting on the couch. I was about to go to her when my phone rang, I answered it and started talking to my sister. I forgot about Macey. She came in during my phone conversation and mouthed, "what is taking so long? doctor!" ... and I shooed her away.

Twenty minutes later I suddenly remembered, got off of the phone and went searching. I found her on the couch where she had said she would be. She had fallen asleep waiting... with her doctor glove on.


I felt so sad. I had missed the moment. I hate that. I am not a perfect mother but sometimes I really just wish I was. Then there would be no mommy guilt and no neglected children in my house. Sorry Macey.

6 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

oh, don't beat yourself up. You got a cute little pic out of it! She knows you love her, and you can always play doctor the next time. You're an amazing mommy, she's lucky to have you!

Lauren in GA said...

You are a great mom. I really think that. But, I get you on the mommy guilt, thing. I have a lot of mommy guilt, too.

She looks so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Adorable picture! I love your blog, I'm a happy follower! :)

Since I know your kids love to read, I thought of you when I found this offer. Once your kids read 10 books, they'll get a free tshirt when you mail in this form.

http://www.hebuddy.com/content/pdf/readingclub.pdf

*Tanyetta* said...

She's so sweet! That's the most adorable picture! The good part about it, you get to make it up to her. When she wakes up, just pick right up where you left off with her. You're an AWESOME mom D. I always LOVE coming to your blog.

Good Time Charlie said...

If you had missed the moment, you wouldn't have been able to take this picture! I saw Macy in the lady's broom at church today and she said hello then looked at me for a long time, like she knew me, but wasn't quite sure who I was! It was very cute.

Michelle said...

Denae, I'm so bummed I missed seeing you at the temple!! J&J told me you were there to take pics. The kids and I (and jason's baby) were walking around the temple for a long time and then I took them to fairyland (10 mins from the temple). Hope everything went well with the wedding--you are so talented.

I can TOTALLY relate with the Macey story. The EXACT same thing happen to me, but instead of Macey it was Abram. And instead of playing Dr. it was wiping his bottom. We were visiting friends/family at someone's house and I told him to "go" and I would come help wipe in a few minutes. About 20 minutes later, I remembered and ran in there only to find him with the saddest face on earth, too embarrassed to yell my name, the back of his legs were totally bright red from sitting on the toilet for so long. I felt soooo bad. It's the worst when you promise something to your kid and get distracted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails