Tuesday, April 13, 2010

She Rides!

Last week Macey learned to ride her two wheeler without training wheels. Let me tell you it was a hilarious and aggravating experience.

Macey wears her heart on her sleeve which is a nice way of saying she is extremely erratically emotional. When I would let go of the bike she would burst into tears while laughing a loud and crazed laugh. It sounds impossible but ask Lexi, it is possible. She was laughing and crying at the same time the whole time. It was hilarious and frusterating too because really, laughing and crying makes it pretty hard to see what you're doing, and when trying to ride a bike it is very important to be watching the road ahead.

It only took her one evening to be able to do it but she wasn't able to do it without laughing and crying for another day or two. The child is going to be the death of me. I love her so much and I appreciate her spirit but the emotions can be hard to deal with sometimes!

She is proud of herself. We staged a suprise to show Daddy and he came home during daylight hours one night to see it. She loved surprising him.








Now a few thoughts on this photo of me running. I do not walk or run pigeon-toed but it looks like it in the picture. Just wanted to set the record straight on that one. Also, as you can see Buster is in the left hand side of this photo. I realized awhile ago that I never finished the Buster saga story on my blog. The last post written about him was the one about giving him away. Well, it didn't work out and he is with us still. He and I, we still hate eachother but we have made peace with it. And I tried to save him from a raccoon the other night so that was really nice of me.

Video's of Macey riding below. If you listen carefully you can hear the crazed laugh.








5 comments:

Mindy said...

I watched the video and heard the laugh. It was hilarious. That's so awesome that she learned how, and so awesome that you taught her! I'm too lazy to teach my boys things.

Buster's back? I was going to come out for a visit, but now.......

And I think it is so cute how tightly Lexi is clinging to Dave in the video. I bet everyone is so happy if they get to see him during his busy season.

Lesley said...

I too, loved the laugh! That was great! Way to go Macey!!! She looks so cute with her little helmet on tooling around on her bike! Thank you for setting the record straight about you not being pigeon toed! I was trying to remember back when we were roommates..... JUST KIDDIN!!!!!!!!!! Denae you crack me up that you would point that out in a picture! I love you! Funny, funny! Good job on teaching her to ride the bike! Tax season is almost over! Yeah for you, yeah for Dave!
Oh, and Buster is one lucky cat to have been saved from the racoon-you're nice!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i do the hysterical laugh cry as well, and i'm 37.
she is so stinkin cute.

Jodie said...

my favorite part is lexi wrapped around her dad. this is how my kids are with chris after his long absences.

Lauren in GA said...

I loved the little spin out in video #2. She is so, so cute!!

I guess she is happy and scared all at once. I heard the laugh/cry you were talking about.

Denae, I literally laughed out loud when I read, "And I tried to save him from a raccoon the other night so that was really nice of me." Yes, it was, really, really nice. Buster loves you, I'm sure...he just doesn't know how to show it. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails