Since Christmas these are the appointments we've had:
Ear visit for Lexi- found out she had large eardrum hole
hearing test for Lexi- found out she has some hearing loss
follow up ear visit for Lexi- heard and planned surgery options
Eye exam for Lexi- her prescription had doubled in one year, ordered glasses
Pick up Lexi's glasses and have them fitted appointment
Contacts exam for Lexi- 30 minutes of trying to get them in which I hear is pretty good for a first timer
Ear mold visit for Lexi to have special ear plugs made- ordered them
Well baby check up for CC
Dermatologist visit for CC- waited for an hour- found out there is nothing more I can do
Blood drawn visit for CC to determine allergies- YAY got a few answers here
Ortho appointment for Lexi- braces were tightened
Teeth cleaning for me
One visit with family for CC and AJ 45 minutes away
Another visit with family for CC and AJ 25 minutes away
That is just since Christmas people!! If I have to set one foot inside a Dr. office again I might strangle someone. I did have a goal to get all of that done this month so I'm glad it's behind me.
At least Lexi and I had some serious one on one time this month!

Macey has been asking for hearing and vision tests. I think she needs some attention.
We have two more appointments on the calendar coming up- a follow up and ordering of contacts for Lexi, and a pick up and fitting for her ear plugs. Then we are done until March when we have a few more teeth cleanings. Let's hope we are then done for a long time! Although just tonight Lexi told me she thinks she has an ear infection again. I tried to pretend I didn't hear her. I'll deal with it in the morning, when I'm "fresh."
One more thing... there is a stranger in my house. Dave got glasses and I need to get to know him all over again. Is this the man I married? Are you allowed to just go and change so much? I think he looks cute, but different. And I feel uncomfortable for him. I could never have something sitting on my nose 24/7 but he likes them and prefers them over the contacts he tried out last year.

(my new nerdy boyfriend)
12 comments:
I am a total nerd... Hopefully I can get more investment clients this way! Uber-dorky!!!
Oh she's a little Helen Keller! Deaf and Blind! Glasses on top of that! Good thing she's so darn cute. So's Dave.
When Jeff got his hair cut from super long to super short to get a real job 2 years after we got married, I didn't love him for 2 weeks. Look where we ended up. Joke. That's a joke. I'm funny, right?
Paige is hilarious in a funny, hm, kind of way.
Poor Lexi. But I do hope all of this means she will be seeing and hearing better. I remember when I got glasses for the first time, it truly was incredible. I'd never known the world was so detailed -- I'd never seen that before.
I totally hear you on the wanting to strangle someone if you have to go to another appointment. John used to have, on average, 5 appointments every two weeks. At least that has slowed down.
I am so glad they are able to figure out some of CC's allergies!! I am curious...but I am sure you don't have lots of extra time to tell me what they all are.
You sound like me...I've been to the ENT for both Tatum and Jaden more surgery for both, Allergist for Mad, regular dr for all for all 3 dentist and Jaden has a apt with a gastro.
Appointments are the worst! When I look at my calendar and see a blank tomorrow, my heart skips a beat.
It was very smart of you to try and get it all done in January. But that must have been a pretty horrible month.
I like Dave's glasses, but I feel like he looks SOOOOOO different. With some people you hardly notice if they're wearing their glasses or not, but Dave looks like a whole different person. But an awesome person! And I'm sure it will benefit his professional endeavors, because he looks very studious.
Dave looks cute with his glasses! And sweet Lexi... what a trooper!
Has was your teeth cleaning... did you get a headache? I can't stand going to the dentisit now that I'm older.... holding my mouth open and all, just kills!
I had to laugh b/c my husband, Dave, has almost the identical glasses! I don't know if this will work, but here is a pic of him wearing them from our recent visit with the Yorks: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MCsPil3y_HI/S15z4l02hyI/AAAAAAAAM7Y/lnWqaoreSAw/s1600-h/IMG_1930.JPG
And speaking of the Yorks, I saw Mindy's comment above about a "blank day." When I see a completely empty day I get anxiety - and have to fill it immediately with some kind of date or activity. So funny!
Ha Ha. Dave's comment made me laugh. We love nerds around here! It's a good strategy. We wouldn't have hired JP if it weren't for his glasses, and if he ever makes us mad, we'll switch over to Dave, now that he has glasses too. :) I have the opposite problem with Jeremy. I've only ever known him WITH glasses, so I hate it when he wears contacts. It just doesn't look like him!
paige is killing me.
please offer deets on the plugs. what is the point of plugs? i'm a pro at hearing issues from noe, but this is a new one on me.
also, will you tell me what cc's allergic to? i'm curious.
Sorry to hear you have lived at the doctors offices no fun.. i hope you have wonderful ins.. We don't and we have lived there the past few weeks too!!
Liz
Andrea, the point of plugs is to keep any water from going into her ear. They think a lot of her infections are caused by water getting trapped. We are trying to avoid ANY infections so we can get her eardrum rebuilt soon.
Lauren and Andrea--- CC is allergic to egg whites and peanuts. I thought it would change everything but hasn't helped that much to take her off. Her mouth and face are still pretty bad..... we're working on it.
Ang, I hate the dentist too. Sometimes when I have to go I start thinking about the end of the world coming before I have to go in and I"m happy. I guess I'd rather die then go to the dentist. Plus I have a large cavity and might have to get a root canal!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment