Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Family Love



We've been out of town for 10 days because it is my children's fall break from school and we decided to visit family instead of sitting home bored.

The photo above was taken on the drive home through Nevada.  I can't believe I am saying this but... sometimes Nevada is pretty.  This time, it really was... clouds, sunsets, and lots of colors. 

Pretty scenery + touching music= emotions for me, and during the drive I felt so thankful for my family (to the point of tears which really isn't that rare for me but still, driving through Nevada, crying, is funny). 

I have 4 siblings in Utah right now, and 2 in Idaho.  I got to spend time with each of them.  I realized that most of the time I take them for granted!  On the drive home I realized how lucky I am that I love my brothers and sisters and their spouses... all of them.  I enjoy their company so much!  I feel lots of love from them!  That is a huge blessing in my life and I am so thankful for it.

Here we are gathered at Angie's house for general conference breakfast.  Angie is very generous in allowing huge crowds of family to descend upon her home (which is already extremely full with her 8 children), eat her food, and use her dishes, beds, showers, etc.  How many people can fit in one room?  This weekend there were 26 at one time.  Thanks Angie and Pete.  



We did lots of fun things on our trip and I plan on posting about it all because this is my blog and I want to.  Be back tomorrow! 

p.s. can you believe Nie Nie is going to be on Oprah?  Sooo exciting.

11 comments:

MLH said...

I left something for you on my blog :)

Rochelleht said...

How fun!!! I love that picture. What a perfect way to enjoy conference.

Per the PS: The first time I've set the Tivo to record Oprah in YEARS!

Lauren in GA said...

Thanks for telling us about Nie Nie...I read her but I have fallen behind in the last week.

That picture truly says family togetherness. I love it.

Ashley said...

Wahoo! Glad to have you back, love the family picture. Whew, conference was probably a challenge with that many kiddos.

Jodie said...

We made that same drive...I wonder if we passes each other through Nevada?

angie said...

Come back!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you and I love craming as many people as we can into my home!

Paige said...

I think Nie nie is on today! Can't wait.

Cardalls said...

Oh Nevada.....the place where I live. Totally lacking in beauty! Sometimes I wonder what I am doing living here...but then my husband comes home from a job that he loves and he is actually employed and then I know why :)

Julie said...

It was so great to see you guys but too short. Thanks for making the trip - we love you guys!

Emily said...

It was such a fun party!! You guys should come up and visit more often :)

Mamapumpkin said...

What a great family! I love being surrounded by loved ones....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails