Here is a list of my thoughts on the chair poll:
The first night of the poll, I was offended because my chair was losing by a lot and I couldn't believe that everyone hated it.
Then I thought Celia had paid people to vote for hate.
Then I almost e-mailed my entire family and told them to come to my blog and vote "love it".
But then I decided I wanted the true vote. So I let the poll run it's course and did not ask loved ones for help at all. Besides, I know a few loved ones who do not love the chair.
Then the poll just kept going on and on and it was too long.
I was sick of the poll.
Then the chair pulled ahead for a few brief hours on Tuesday during the day!! Woo-hoo!
Then the race was neck and neck for quite awhile and I thought someone had figured out a way to rig the poll and mess with me.
And I still thought the chair would win.
Then the haters pulled ahead and stayed ahead to the bitter end.
And when I say bitter, I mean bitter. I'm bitter.
I hate 101 of you.
And you hate me.
Because my chair= me.
Thanks a lot.
For revenge, I will posting a lot of pictures of the chair that you can't stand.
Also, do you like pottery barn? Cause look what I just found here!
and here!
and here!
Florals are IN!
Who's hating my chair now? Hmm?
p.s. I don't really hate you.
It was fun and I still love my chair.
28 comments:
Well I'm glad I am one of the 89. Because I would hate to have you hate me. Even if you don't really know me. :-P
so by "not easily offended" you kind of mean "very easily offended".
right?
for the record, i commented over at little c's that i felt robbed in the polling booth. there was no box for "it's not my thing." because i don't love it, i don't hate it, but i do care about you and your chair. so the polling may have been skewed due to a lack of accurate options from which to choose.
Denae, you're hilarious.
I agree florals are in. Just not that floral. With the hideous wood on top. But we can love you and hate the chair. And we were going to rig it but then you took the poll down before we could get Jeff to tell us how. Darn.
No doubt about it, florals ARE IN! And you are hillarious!
Hey I voted for you (don't tell Celia). So, I am on your team! Does that mean you will come be a follower on my blog now?☺
I love it. Annnnd I think that little Pottery Barn zing was brilliant!
Nice job pulling out the Pottery Barn catalog!! LOL! You know I love it!
I like your chair. I think it is retro chic.
I love your chair and I love you.
I'm with whoever said there should have been more options on the poll. I think the brown wood in the back should be painted a pretty antique white. That's my opinion and I'm looking forward to the never-ending "chair" posts coming in the near future. :) I do love the floral material.
I told you so.
If you had let us comment on the previous post we could have explained ourselves better. The floral fabric is best suited for a pillow as your first PB pic suggested. So we neither hate the chair nor the fabric.
But together...... (wink)
I think it is a fantastic bedroom or nursery chair. I have a lot of ugly chairs that I love too.
I would like to sit in it the next time I'm over however because it does make me smile.
Please don't recover it again. It has infinitely more worth and warmth now with this story attached to it. Can we name it "The Most Hated Chair in America?"
My daughter, Anna and I are sitting here laughing OUT LOUD. You are so funny!!! We just wish we could make a chair like that work with our boring decor, not to mention, take on a project like that!
I just have to say that I love your chair! I missed the poll though, I would have given you one more in the love it section! Keep it, love it, it's great!
Denae...I love you and your chair.
I am laughing so hard right now! You are so fabulous.
Dang! I didn't get to vote, but it would have been "love it!" If you decide to get rid of it out of bitterness, I'll take it!!!!!!
I agree with others, I needed more options for voting. Like "I'm sure it's perfect in your house, but would not work so well in mine." Also, I really need a picture of the whole room to see how the colorful chair brings it together. Once I saw how it brightens up the room perfectly, I'm sure I would change my vote. It is very cheerful, and I love that about it. I hope you can still love me!
Steph
Well, I love it and I want to steal it.
you are soooo funny!! I wanted to vote but I neither loved it or hated it but I did care. So there was no option for me. I just think it is cute and has alot of personality. :)
I have looked at that PB chair so many times it hurts! I liked the chair. It doesn't help that those haters can't see the room that it is in, because i am sure it looks great. Keep out the hate, bring in the love...
You crack me up Denae! I love it!
Well, florals may be in, but I thought the Pottery Barn ones were hideous. However, I love Pottery Barn and your chair, so it all works out. I agree with Amistad Family. I think you should post a picture of the chair in the whole room, so we can see how it goes with everything else.
PS. I'm glad you don't hate me cause I voted for the chair. :)
All that matters is that you love the chair. It's your home. It's important that you decorate with things you love and things that have meaning to you (that's Nate wisdome 101 I learned on Oprah). So if lots of people hate it, that's their problem :).
Loved the cute fashion show of your girls. Such great clothes!
It's not the floral that I don't LOVE, I think it's the style of the chair, I think my grandparents had a version of it in crushed green velvet. The wood bit isn't my style either. I'm a fan of West Elm (sister company of Pottery Barn). I think I'll stick to live flowers (like the ones your sister sent you). Hope you don't hate me, just next time add to the poll "not my style." ;-)
So was the voting anonymous? Or could you see who voted for what? I believed you on the be honest thing. Now I'm worried you saw my vote and if I don't leave a comment I'll seem just plain mean. Because I love your house. I love your projects, I COPY your projects as you know. I've been in search of some old wing back chair at Thrift-stores/craigslist/garage sales that I can reupholster because of you.... it just doesn't HAPPEN to be my favorite floral fabric. But you're Denae. With the little tiny body and the great big eyes, and the super cute kids and hubbie, and the best attitude about motherhood on earth, and the bombest blog on the block... YOU can get away with that floral fabric.
I am rolling in laughter! You are great! =)
Post a Comment