I believe in acquiring free furniture and fixing it up.
Why pay full price for furniture that you might not like in a year or two? Why pay full price for furniture that your children might accidentally wipe their sticky, cherry-juice fingers on? I just can't do it. I must have used or free furniture only. I like to change up my decor frequently anyway.
Dave and I just finished the orange chair. We're still calling it that, even though it is no longer orange. It was a fun project. Dave did the hardest parts. He's good at stuff like that. I did the easy stuff and made the pillows.
Some have said, about my choice of fabric, that it is "grandma" or "church foyer-ish." I chose it because I needed some color in my life!! My family room is just too neutral with browns and blacks only. I needed some cheer. So I picked the brightest fabric I could find. It livens up the room and I like it. In a few years, if I change my mind, I'll recover it again. Or find another chair on the side of the road.
I give you... the chair....
Before:


34 comments:
I absolutely LOVE it!
Do you take orders? I want one just like it! Who says it's "grammaish"? BALONY!
I love it! So bright and fun.
Great job. Seriously, that is so cool
I love it and I am amazed at you and Dave's many talents. Wow!!!!
Wow! Great job. You guys should start your own show on TLC or something...
That's totally impressive. I'm recovering some cushions right now, and they will come out not nearly as awesome. I'm totally jealous.
Drool drool drool!
I LOVE the chair! Good job!!!!
I have NEVER seen a chair as cute as that in a curch foyer! Never. I would also say that any Grammy that had that chair would HAVE to be a happy, bright little Grammy. :) I think it's fabulous! It will brighten many a day I'm sure, each time you look at it.
so much to say, so little comment space.
first off, the things you were saying led me to believe the ORANGE chair was the finished product. and i was so sad that i was going to have to leave less than complimentary comments over here.
HOWEVER... not so. i do like what you've done, and i have nothing but nice things to say.
mostly, however, i'm impressed with your teamwork, skill, and creativity. that is awesome. can we marry our marriages?
WOW guys! Good job! It looks great! Was it hard to do? You guys are always doing some fun project, I love it!
Very nicely done Denae!
YOU ROCK!! That is awesome! You are so fun I love reading your blog.
Love date nights too no matter what they are as long as we are together!
And so sorry about missing the recital how sad but life goes on and she knows you love her you are a great mom!! Have a great week!!
I love used furniture too. The stress free life of knowing your kids are wrecking something that cost you next to nothing is priceless. And when you walk around your house every item has a story. What thrift store or corner it came from. The crazy lady on craigslist you bought it from. All good things, and set a good example for kids too.
VERY cute! Who doesn't love something bright and cheerful in a room? It is like a corner of summer in your room.
You asked about my sectional, I got it from a little store in Eugene, Oregon but I have seen similar ones at Macy's-- actually ones there I like better because the cushions are more tailored. Beware, it is HUGE. Dan who is 6'4" required us to buy a couch that he could lie down on and the sectional was the only one that fit him...
WHAT? That is amazing. I see nothing "Grandma-ish" or "Church Foyer-ish" about that chair. I LOVE it!
And I am super impressed by your talents. That would never happen in my home. Never.
Love, love, love it! I hope it stays "sticky-cherry-finger" free for a long while!
You would never know it was once a lonely, ugly, unwanted orange chair! Good work! I love the bright colors!
Way cute makeover! I like the scallops.
Dang, that is awesome! I totally love it. I am so into that stuff, and would absolutely do it if I KNEW HOW THE HECK TO DO IT! I have no clue where to even start, or how it's done. I have another friend who does it too and she just re-covered the cutest dang chair. I love it. I'm jealous of your skills.
You are my new idol. Congratulations. I aspire to do something as clever and crafty and brilliant as you... Wish me luck. (Will you come show me how?)
Good job! Trent and I are not into that kind of thing. Actually I think it would be fun but Trent is not into that kind of thing. He'd rather pay to no have to do such things.
I am in Awe!!!
I keep hearing "reduce, reuse, recycle" in my mind. It is lovely.
I LOVE it. Very impressive. Can I borrow your husband? I don't think mine would touch floral.
Check out my blog and vote for my hubby!
You go girl! Is there anything you two can't do! I'm so impressed with the new chair. If the old owners could see it now....
It looks so great! I do not think it is church foyer-ish at all!
It is so bright and cheery :) Like you!
I LOVE it. You did an awesome job! Next time you do that take step by step pictures for us crafty challeneged people. I think the colors are great. What a fun summery chair to have in your room!
I love it! It turned out really great. You guys should start a business!
I CANNOT believe you did that!! I heard it's like the hardest thing ever!!! you have talent. yes you do.
Great job, Dave and Denae! Unbelieveable! And I love the fabric. Did you have to hand sew a lot of the panels onto the chair, or just staple gun it? And did Dave do any sort of piping on the edges, or just straight seems? I want to learn how to do this!
Love your I Believe week and the chair is cheery and darling!
I totally love it! I wish that I had something that cute and cheerful at my house. That is a great skill to be able to do that. I have a couch and love seat that I hate in my living room (but of course they were free and we had an empty room) and I wish I knew how to do this! Great job! :)
just amazing!!! thats beautiful!
Post a Comment