I think it is the best place to take your kids to play. It fulfills 3 major kid needs: to get dirty, to be outside, and to exercise. Running back and forth along the shoreline and away from waves is hard work. Not to mention dragging large clumps of seaweed, carrying heavy buckets full of sand, shoveling, and climbing ocean cliff stairs to the top of a mountain.
They came home exhausted and slept like babies. I love the beach. I wish we could go more often. My goal is 4 times a summer.








34 comments:
I love all your pictures! I agree that the beach makes the kids great sleepers! That's why we are going everyday. Come to So. Ca. and join us!
I want to live close to a beach like that! Ours are all cold and rocky. It's no fun to go to a beach when you have to wear a winter coat!
Oh I wish we could go to the beach !! But its pouring rain and snowing in our part of the country whats that eh!!!! Enjoy every minute for us too!!
did i miss the post explaining your new testimony format???
are you very far from the beach? honestly, if i lived at all near a beach we would go every single day. you are so right on every one of your observations. instead, we settle on the water park. same concept. except we're waiting for the snow to stop first.
It looks like you guys had fun.
Holy moses I too believe in the beach. That sad news is I live where there is no beach. Next time you go could you have a moment of silence for those of us who grew up going to the beach but due to geographic location can no longe go as often?
I too believe in the beach. I, however, do not have a testimony of sand in the cracks and crevices.
Love the pics. Makes me wanna go despite the sand!
I am just flat out jealous.
I thought you were close to the beach....I love the beach for all those reasons. We're about 1.5 hrs from the Oregon coast. We go a few times a summer but not nearly enough. This summer we're renting a house there for a few days and soaking it up.
I believe in the beach too! Good times!
I've read 2 beach posts today, and I'm missing California like crazy! I'm glad your kids enjoyed the beach. I think seaweed is gross though, and so is sand when it gets everywhere. Other than that... I love the beach!
Okay, my husband lied to me...unless you drove to Southern California for the day. He told me there aren't really any good beaches in No. Cal., but that one looks beautiful!
I think you look so much like your pretty mom in that first picture! So fun!
We also live close to the OR coast, but it isn't warm enough to get in... I love playing in the sand, and walked along the shore. Great pictures. I believe in the beach too. :0)
So Fun! Wish we could have come. Corbin has swim lessons for the next 2 weeks. Hope to make it next month.
I too Believe in the BEACH! These pictures were all great and you are right about it giving the kids exercise. My kids get SO worn out there and I can always get a good night's sleep out of them after. Fun Fun!!!
I'm with you on this! My kids love nothing better than the beach. I also have a goal of taking them to the beach more this summer than last.
4 times a summer? I thought you lived a lot closer than that! I guess I just figure ANYONE who lives in Cali lives close enough to go EVERY DAY! Guess not.. huh?
Cute pics! I love the beach too. I don't love kids eating sand, or getting in the freezing water, but everything else I love!
We LOVE the beach too. I just discovered the best beach tip ever. How to get sandy kids clean... (with out tearing off their skin as I wipe it off.) Baby powder. It works like a dream. My kids are always sandy head to toe and with just a little baby powder sprinkled here and there the sand falls right off and their skin is clean and smooth. My kids call it "the magic trick". I am a cool mom. (And my name is not David...I am using my husband's computer tonight)
-Ashley ;)
Wow. Your pictures are so much better than mine. You must be a pro. Please please send them on....
Beach day was a dream. Will it ever be that fun again? It's cause we made the right choice, don't you think?
Those are some great pictures!
I agree with each and every word!!!! We are going to the beach this summer and you are making me so excited! (our beach will be on the east coast ;) )
Yep! Love the beach! You got some great pictures! They kids look like they had a blast!
Your kids are so beautiful! The beach sounds so great!!! East coast beaches are just not the same.
I wish we could have made it! We love the beach,too!
i believe in the beach too! i LOVE IT! such pretty pictures of your kids!
What a fun day! When we come out there we will definitely have to have a beach day. And your pictures are, as always, so beautiful. You will have to give me a tutorial about cameras sometime. I try to read the the instruction booklets but they are so boring and sometimes over my head.
Cute pictures of your kids! It looks like it was the nicest day! How fun! I wish we were closer to a beach! That picture of Lexi is so cute and the one of Logan running!! They both look so happy!
you always tell me how cute jack is but Chris and I both think Logan is one of the cutest kids ever. i love these beach pictures. makes me wish we could have come.
Oh I love the beach! I would so love to live right next to it!!
Cute pics! Oh, how I miss the beach!
I grew up at the beach...don't miss the sand, but my kids would love it!
Post a Comment