My 1st grade daughter is on a field trip today. It is a far away field trip... like at least 1.5 hours on a bus. We thought about it a lot and decided to let her go. Now that she's gone, I am NOT o.k. with it and I feel like I'm going to vomit!! What's with these people thinking 1st graders can go so far from home??? I hope I can make it to 4pm without doing something crazy like loading everyone up in the car and going in search of her.
19 comments:
Oh Denae, that is the worst feeling. I wouldn't blame you if you went searching for her (plus, it would make a great blog, bring your camera if you do go). Good luck.
Breathe...release....breathe....as far as I know Brentwood Union School District has NEVER, EVER lost a child. Might have wanted to throw a couple out of the bus...but they have never lost one.
I will say a prayer for her and her class!
Don't worry, Trent went on the trip I told him to look out for Lexi.
Denae, I completely understand how you're feeling! James had one of those last year, and I was sooo anxious all day. But, I'm sure she's safe and having a great time too. :)
It is so hard to trust someone else with your child! Even if it is their teachers. Hang in there, I am sure they will be ok. Where did they go on the fieldtrip anyway?
Be strong my little friend. Everything will be fine.
I forsure will feel the exact same way if and when Bailey goes on one of those. YIKES!!
They wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't safe...you know how much stuff schools CAN'T do because of safety concerns?! This must be fine. (Good job in not letting your fears keep her from having fun!)
I am sure that everything will be okay. Kenna went on a field trip to the zoo last year in Kindergarten and it was a 2.5 hour drive one way. I felt the same, I thought I would die thinking something might happen. She will be okay, it is always tougher on the mom than the kid!
That would scare me too, but it's better than being the parent that doesn't let her kid go!
Deep breaths, sister. She'll be just fine. Hang in there.
Couldn't you got as chaperone? Do any of the moms on the trip have a cell phone number?
When Sol went on his first field trip without me, I had so much anxiety that I sent Celia and Ellie to the pumpkin patch in Brentwood to check on him. The other moms thought I was insane. They were right. With my twins I wave buh bye and hope a little bit they don't come back...
I know. I feel the exact same way every year. She will feel so proud of herself when she comes home, though!
Is this a place 7 year olds WANT to ride in a bus for an hour and a half for? That is a LONG trek. Whew!
And I understand. Well, sorta. Mine aren't in school yet but my friend told me today that kindergarten registration is in 4 weeks and I cried. Really. Real tears. Utto. They're sorta comin' back. Gotta go.
I'm with Paige...either chaperone or have hubby do it for all fieldtrips. And by the way, Lisa-Marie, on the first day of kindergarten for my oldest...fetal position in bed, sobbing. That doesn't happen to everyone, so don't be afraid.
I hear ya! I know she will be okay though...but, I still worry about school trips, too :)
Breathe in, breathe out.
See if you have a cell number of a mom on the field trip.
Say a prayer to have comfort.
Then try to forget about it until 4pm.
Good luck!
Ya know, I realize that Levi is only in Kindergarten, but they tell me NOTHING about the goings on at the school. Yesterday he got pushed down into a puddle. I was pretty fired up. Where's the outside duty??!
But about YOUR problem. I'm sure she's fine. But I don't blame you for freaking out a bit.
Post a Comment