4 of my GREATEST blessings.

For the past couple of months I've been planning my "announcement blog." The blog that was going to announce that I was relieved and ecstatic to let you all know that I was pregnant and due in April.
Very unfortunately instead, I have to announce that I am having my 3rd miscarriage in a row. I was being very carefully watched and treated with this pregnancy and I so I am in shock that it isn't going to work out, again.
I'm going to be taking a little break from blogging. I just don't really feel like it anymore. I need to do some soul searching I guess. Just for awhile. Blogging has helped me in a lot of ways during this last year and half of baby struggles. It is good to read about other people's lives and trials and hopes and dreams and experiences... and to see what you're all doing about them. There are so many inspirational people out there who are great examples to me.
Neal A. Maxwell was a wonderful leader in my church before he passed away and this is quote by him that has comforted me: "The issue for us is trusting God enough to trust also His timing. If we can truly believe that He has our welfare at heart, may we not let His plans unfold as He thinks best?"
I don't know for sure how long my break will be,
but I do hope you'll all be here when I get back!!
Very unfortunately instead, I have to announce that I am having my 3rd miscarriage in a row. I was being very carefully watched and treated with this pregnancy and I so I am in shock that it isn't going to work out, again.
I'm going to be taking a little break from blogging. I just don't really feel like it anymore. I need to do some soul searching I guess. Just for awhile. Blogging has helped me in a lot of ways during this last year and half of baby struggles. It is good to read about other people's lives and trials and hopes and dreams and experiences... and to see what you're all doing about them. There are so many inspirational people out there who are great examples to me.
Neal A. Maxwell was a wonderful leader in my church before he passed away and this is quote by him that has comforted me: "The issue for us is trusting God enough to trust also His timing. If we can truly believe that He has our welfare at heart, may we not let His plans unfold as He thinks best?"
I don't know for sure how long my break will be,
but I do hope you'll all be here when I get back!!
45 comments:
Oh, Denae. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you.
We'll be here when you get back, no doubt about it. Just don't stay away too long, okay?
Please, if you need anything, let me know. I know that sounds lame, but I really mean it.
I agree with the not staying away too long part, I love reading your blogs. Denae, I'm really sorry. I have been praying for this pregnancy but I guess the Lord knows better than we do. I'll keep praying that everything will work out. Your a great example to me and one of MY greatest blessings is having you for a sister. that sounds like it should be on a hallmark card or something but its true. I see how strong you are and how your happy all the time even though things haven't been so good lately. I am lucky I have someone like you to aspire to be like. and like cheryl said please know that i'm here and will help with anything. I love you.
That is such sad news, I am heartbroken for you. I can't imagine going through that once let alone three times. Why is it that it is so hard for so many of the best mothers to have babies? It's so frustrating and sad. Good luck with everything--I will look forward to your return, but take all the time you need!
WAAAAA! Horrible. Denae I am so sad for you.
Denae, I'm so sorry. What a disappointment. Hope you are feeling better, soon. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Denae,
I'm so sorry, my heart was breaking for you as I read your blog. There was a conference talk a couple of years ago called "The Refiners Fire" I think it was by Faust.
I'm not sure though, anyways it was very uplifting and seemed to shed some light on our trials. I found it helpful to find meaning in sad circumstances.
Also, I think it's fine to be sad, the lord gave us all the emotions so that we could experince all of them, right? I'll miss your whitty commentary but I'll be thinking of you and here when you get back.
Denae, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this tough spot. You sound like you are doing the best you can, but remember it is okay to cry and be sad. I will be thinking of you and I will miss reading your blog everyday. I will be here when you come back.
Denae, I just wanted to add how sorry I am to hear your news. The blog world will always be here when you are ready to come back. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Denae, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I also feel bad about giving you a hard time about Buster, I know pregnant women and cats don't mix.
I hope all works well with you.
I'll definitely be here waiting for you.
Take Care.
I'm so sorry. I will miss your blogs. You were the highlight of some of my days. When I was down, you lifted me up - without even knowing it. The stake is having a womans temple session on sat (6:30am). You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you!
Just wanted to say that I'm so sorry. I, too, have been through 3 miscarriages and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and I'll keep checking back just in case you decide to come back early. I'll miss your blogs.
Wow. That was a brave blog. You know I love you and want the best for you. I hope you will find the answers you are looking for.
Hey, I just want to tell you that I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be. Obviously, you'll get through it with all of your faith, but I know it hurts a lot. Good luck. My prayers are with you.
I really really know that Heavenly Father knows you and loves you and your family and that He has a reason and a plan. I'm sorry it's not what you want and I'm sorry you are sad. I hope the plan changes soon!
Oh Denae, I am so sorry! If you ever need someone to talk to...I have been there 3 times too, and I am a good listener. I love that quote by Neal A Maxwell, and I know how comforting it can be, but I also know it doesn't take away the hurt and confusion. Just know the Lord loves you. I know it does help having the gospel in your life as well. Don't loose hope.
I will be keeping you in my prayers!
Denae,
I am so sorry. I cannot believe it. While I feel it my job as a friend to comfort you, your blog was so beautiful and said so many poignant things. I just wish I could be with you! I'm sure you'll be flooded with calls, so feel free to screen mine. But I am definitely here for you when you need it.
I'm soo sooo sorry! That is seriously so painful. I lost a baby in October that was due in April. It just hurts so bad. Know that everyone loves you and is cheering for you. I hope you find comfort through the atonement. It took me a bit, but I did.
Denae- I love you so much and I KNOW that YOU are an example to a lot of people. You are an example to me of faith and of turning your heart and life over to the Lord. I love Elder Maxwell and I have another quote for you... " Faith in God includes faith in His purposes as well as in His timing. We cannot fully accept Him while rejecting His schedule. We cannot worship Him but insist on our plans." I love you.
Hey Denae, I love you and I'm crying with you and Dave out here.
Denae, I am so sorry. I just want you to know that I love you so much and wish I could give you a big hug right now. I have and will continue to be praying for you and your family. Thanks for being the good person and friend and cousin that you are and for your tremendous example of faith and remember that something good always follows and that you will be blessed for your goodness and faith. I love you lots Denae. I too, will miss the blogs but completely understand.
Denae, I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. I can sympathize with you because I understand the pain. I NEVER thought in my wildest dreams I wouldn't be able to get pregnant and have children. It hurts so bad, but the Lord has still blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. Focus on the things that you do have and the Lord will strengthen you during this time. It is through our trials we find what we are made of and who we are. I hope you can grieve and find the comfort you need. You have tons of love and support on your side! Good luck! Stay strong. xoxo
Denae:
I wish I could give you a hug; bring you dinner; take your kids for a day. I'm sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts will be with you and your family as you take some time for yourself. Please, take care and know that you are a blessing to all who know you.
I'm so sorry. We'll be thinking of you, and praying for you.
What a beautiful quote by Elder Maxwell. Growing up didn't you just dream of being a wife and mother? I know I did.. but I don't ever remember being warned about having your heart broken so many times with sadness and worry for your family, children and future children. Thank Heavens we have the Gospel in our lives to help us through those motherhood rollercoasters. My prayers along with so many others are with you at this sad time. Lots of love & well wishes.
I'm so sorry Denae. There's not much I can do from all the way over here, but know that our love and prayers are with you.
Denae~ I too was waiting for the announcement blog. I am near in tears after reading this. I know that this has been a trying thing in your life for a little while now. Trials are SO hard. Especially when we want something SO bad! You are such a wonderful mother and Heavenly Father will bless you for this. You have 3 healthy, adorable, smart children. Enjoy them and take a little break from blogging right now. I will really miss all your blog entries though! They make my day! Thanks for sharing that quote and know that I am thinking about you and you will be in my prayers. I can only imagine how hard this must be. I wish I lived closer... I would come take your kids for you. Love you.
I'm so sorry.
I will be here when you get back.
Hello- you don't know me, but I am a friend of Summers and I recently started a blog. Summer inspired me with her entertaining posts and she told me how much she enjoys yours. I have to tell you that your blog is so fun to read. You are a hilarious, smart and beautiful girl! You have such an adorable family and I pray that you will stay strong through this hard time. I love the Elder Maxwell quote! I think we all need those kind of reminders. Best wishes...
I'm so sorry. We will be waiting when you come back. Take care of yourself and let all those around you who love you take care of you as well.
Danae. I am so sorry. No one can ever totally relate to the losses we feel in each of our lives. But that is why the Lord gives us ours and not someone elses.
There is another great talk (also Neal A Maxwell) that someone shared with me when we lost Bella. Basically, we have cliffs and valleys in our lives. And if we don't experience the deepest and lowest of the valleys, we will never fully appreciate the joys of the heights of the cliffs.
Life is a search for the joys. Good luck in your search! We love you!
Denae, I'm praying for you out here in NJ. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope things work out soon the way you'd like.
Love, Jen
Okay you have many blogger friends as I stroll down all 31 comments to write my comment. It's so hard to go through bad stuff, even though we all know it's part of life. It's okay to be sad, mad, frustrated and blue. You have a lot of support systems so lean on them when you need to they will streghten you. Love you and thinking of you during this time.
Ddawg, I am so sorry to hear this. Having kids is the greatest blessing. The lord does have his timing. Keep your head up and know that the lord is watching over you and knows what you need. I love you-Ashley
Oh, friend. I am so sorry. I can't imagine what this trial would feel like.
I love my cousin Denae! I will miss your blog, but I too have been tapering off with the blogging. Know that I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know the Lord is looking out for you.
Much love,
Michele
I'm so sorry. I know it is not easy. Take care of yourself. We are thinking and praying for you and your family. I know you will be back soon.
d-i am so sorry that this try had a sad result! i have not had a miscarriage but i know that when i want to be pregnant it is so hard to focus on anything else. and it is so discouraging when it does not happen when you need it to happen. i am going to miss your posts. you have a great sense of humor and i will be thinking of you! i love you!
Oh Denae-- I'm so sorry. You make mommy-hood look more wonderful than almost anyone I know-- so you know you'll have more. It's just that darn timing thing. It's all in His I guess. I hope this break is shorter than you think. Who am I going to get all my home refurbishing, and baby transition tips from? We'll miss you. Good luck Denae.
My sister and I were talking the other day about why life is so hard sometimes. She reminded me of the analogy from Elder Packer of our existence as a three act play. The first act is premortality; second act is earth life and the spirit world; the third act comes after our resurrection. In plays now, the happy endings sometimes don't come until the third act, just as in life. But through our earthly struggles, in the second act, we must keep an eternal perspective and look forward to the third act, when, after all we can do, we WILL have our happy ending. You are in my prayers.
I am seriously missing you and your blogs! I hope you are doing ok and come back to us all soon!!!!
Hey, still thinking of you. Hope you are okay. Missing you!
I just read the news. I'm so sad to hear the news. My heart goes out to you and your family. I love the photo of your 4 blessings.
Denae, I am so sorry to hear your sad news! I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with Kate. Eventhough it was really early, I still felt really sad. However, I came to the same conclusion that you did. It was about the timing. Looking back I know that this is what was best for our family. I know that doesn't take away the hurt at all, but I know that you will be blessed and happier in the end because of the trials and struggles you have to go through. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Hi Denae, I'm found your blog through Cheryl. I'm so sorry for your loss and can relate. I too was due in April and just lost my baby at 12 weeks. My prayers are with you and your family.
Denae - my mom finally sent me the link to your blog after months of her always telling me how entertaining you are - and how true she is! I have spent an hour looking over it and, as always, am entertained and amazed by you! I'm sorry to hear about your baby struggles - I totally can relate to not being able to have a baby when you want it, but know I think you are amazing and (obviously)touch so many lives!
Love ya D-Dawg!
Kristi (Barney)
Post a Comment