This evening is causing me frustrations.
I took dinner over to a family who just had a baby. In the driveway I asked Lexi to carry the dessert (a small plate) and Logan to carry a very small and lightweight dish with the salad in it. Well Logan accidentally spilled the whole salad all over their driveway. I almost cried but held it back. Why must things like this happen???
Also, I need to wax my upper lip but I have an enormous zit in that area right now. Why do I have a zit there? I've never had one in that spot and I think it is the strangest spot ever and I'm upset about it. I feel as though I shouldn't leave the house since it is huge and I don't want to cause any awkwardness for anyone who might try to talk to me.
On a happier note, I thought of a great plan tonight. My kids have been wanting to stay up later. And I have been thinking 7:30 is a bit early for a 5 and 6 year old. However, I just can't give up my quiet evening alone! So I decided they can stay up until 8 or 8:15 if they play in the backyard the whole time. Then I get my quietness in the house and they get to stay up. YAY!
Oh, by the way, please don't tell anyone about my upper lip and the zit situation. It is kind of embarrassing.
11 comments:
At least she didn't spill the dessert. Then you would have deserved a big cry. Sorry about the zit, and the lip hair. You are hot. The backyard thing is a great idea. Make sure you lock the door and pull the blinds like Celia does. You can get hours alone!
I would give almost anything to have a private, fenced-in backyard! I would use it like a kid kennel! Great idea. hope it works!
PS... my life is one big salad spill! usually it is on the couch, MY bed, the stairs, you name it. And it is always something that can be stepped on and turned into a million little crumbs.
Sorry to hear about your day! I can relate - I almost broke down in tears last night. I did cry a little, but I held it together because I was surrounded by six small children, and I knew their parents would be back soon to get them. I've watched that many kids by myself before, but not for an entire day. And then there's that mom in AK that just had her 17th?? She's crazy.
I am sorry Denae! I can relate on the zit situation. Mine are on my cheek right now though and I hate it! Way to work something out with the kids getting to stay up as long as they are outside! That is a great idea! I will have to use that one! Hope you have a better day today! :)
I didn't notice the need to wax, but I'm sorry there are zits. Pretend they are hives. At least you have something to do when your kids are locked outside (great idea). Fuss with your skin. Maybe you should call Che and get a facial....
Kids and spills just go together. Sad but true. The backyard idea is brilliant. And as for the upper lip/zit thing? Don't worry, I'll just keep it between you and me.
Speaking of waxing, I just got my upper lip waxed for the first time a few weeks ago. Why didn't anyone tell me that I have a fury blond mustache? I love my new upper lip and now I am a big fan of the upper lip wax. I have been converted.
hahaha---Make sure you lock the door and pull the blinds like Celia does. You can get hours alone!
I LOVED This idea!!! LOVE it.
I am such a crier too! I'm serious the simplest things make me cry. It drives D crazy too. For instance I was trying to put ketchup on my fries and it did one of those sideways splat on my shirt. I was so upset I just cried. LOL
i'm crazy!
D-dawg- zits in that area are so painful... I have had one there before and it is such a sensitive area. GREAT idea with the night time play... what happens in a couple month when it is dark at 5:30?
7:30 is NOT too early if they do it and don't wake up too early! Seriously I have a friend who does that time too. I try to start getting them in at 8:00- I would SOOOOO do 7:30 if the summer daylight savings didn't get me. Trust me 7:30 might become an option once we "fall back" and DH is back in school. That would be bliss... the 7:30 bedtime I mean.
My kids go to sleep at 7:30 too. Well, the older two did and baby went to sleep about 8 or 8:30. Soon T, the 6 year old, decided that he was too old for that so now the baby and the 4 year old go to bed at 7:30 and T goes at 8:00. I also was not willing to give up my quiet evening time.
Post a Comment