Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Could Be Dying

I am having the worst shooting pain down my left arm right now. Is that the arm that you get pain in when you're having a heart attack? I don't know why I am experiencing this unbearable pain! It's been going on for a few hours now and it really hurts. Maybe it is from typing too much. Or maybe from painting too much. Or stirring the marshmallows in the pan forever waiting for them to melt to make my rice crispy treats today. Or maybe it's because my nap today was really crappy and short.

Oh well. I guess I'll never know why I'm having this horrible pain. But if you don't hear from me I"m probably at the hospital. The reason why I'm telling you this is because Dave is sick of hearing about it and I had no one else to turn to since it is after 10pm and I can't call anyone.

As I sit here in pain, Dave is over on the bed reading his book. Does anyone ever take care of moms?

I'm going to bed now.

Good night.

14 comments:

Brett said...

Well Denae I have been having pain in my arm lately too but I dont think that it is the same thing with the heartattack because my arm has gotton ridiculously big. Well both of them actually have grown incredibly and the veins are all popping out and stuff. I think it has to do with having a blue collar job ya know pulling hoses around all day... but really I dont think I am going to complain that much about he pain because well to be honest I kinda like the look that comes with the pain. !Take it easy!

chloe said...

Denae, I hope you made it through the night. I think you should take the day off today (yeah, right)...at least from painting and cooking. Hopefully your arm is well enough to lift the Krispy treats from the plate to your mouth. That's the only remedy I see.

I can't believe little Brett is a grown up. Brett...your pretty funny.

Sarah Hull said...

Denae, It had to have been the rice krispy treats... that kind of stirring is unhealthy. It throws my arm out everytime! My suggestion is to make some sort of sling for yourself. It helps the general public & your family know that you are in need of some extra TLC.

Celia Fae said...

If you are dead now I am going to miss you. I kind of wish I was dead cause everone got up so early this morning. Death looks restful.

Anonymous said...

D-dawg~ I hope your arm feels better. Don't shooting pains in your arm mean stroke? JUST KIDDING! It is probably from stirring too many treats. Don't you hate when the moms get no love though? What is up with that? Also- thanks for the motrin tip. I ran to the store to get some and now she is napping. Hopefully for a long time!!!

Natalie said...

Don't die on us, Denae! I think you should try for a really good nap today followed by some retail therapy. I'm certain that will do the trick.

angie said...

So sorry Denae! I hope it goes away. You need a vacation. I know!!! How 'bout... you fly to McCall this weekend?? PPLLLEEAASEEE! I will save you a spot in the loft next to me. I wish you could!

Paige said...

You can't die because then your blogger friends would die of boredom. You need pills. Lots and lots of them. I might have a few varieties...

D-dawg said...

Guys, I made it through the night. Thank you for your comforting words. My arm is feeling better. Chloe, don't worry, I CAN lift the treats to my mouth still. I loved the sling idea Sarah, I'm going to try that next time around and see if it works to get some sympathy. Also Natalie, retail therapy always does the trick! I'm going to have to get some of that soon too. Paige I'll probably have to call you for pills one of these days if you have such a variety. Thanks all.

D-dawg said...

and Ang, I WISH SO BAD I could come to McCall with you!!! I need you to wake up in the middle of the night in the loft and take pictures of where everyone is sleeping for me. And also, can Pete borrow some of Bro. R's shorts again?

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

I don't think that women have pain in their arms when they are having a heart attack. I think only men get that.

Would you send some rice krispie treats my way? I am exhausted too.

Mindy said...

I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I agree that mom's get no sympathy. One week I was deathly ill - throwing up, feverish, etc. - and Jakob kissed my forehead in the morning and said, "Good luck.", and leave me with the kids. The very next week he caught what I had, and he took off work and spent the entire week in bed resting and watching TV. I was furious to the point of tears.

So I called my Dad and he gave me some great insight. He said that there's no question that, at this stage of our lives, there is a lot of injustice in being a mom. But he said that as our kids get older, it keeps getting easier and easier, until one day, the kids are gone, and we get to be stay-at-home wives taking care of our needs the majority of the time. But our sweet, hard-working hubbies will still have a lot of hard work ahead. So basically, our job stinks, but we get to retire MUCH earlier than the dads. This thought gets me through the rough times and keeps me from throwing things at Jakob while he is sick and moaning in bed.

Here's to early retirement!

Anonymous said...

Denae, you're too young to be falling apart like this! First your neck, now your arm . . . At this rate, you'll be doing testimonials on the Scooter Store commercials by the time you are 40! j/k hope you're feeling better :)

Ixchelle said...

Denae,
you don't know me, but i am a friend of phoebe and i found your blog as I was searching her link list. i think you are so funny. i love reading your blogs. You just seem way to cool. please forgive me if this bothers you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails