Sunday, June 24, 2007

Return of the Brudders

My little brother Brett returned home (on Friday) from serving a 2 year mission for our church in Chile! What a reunion! The experience of seeing someone again after 2 whole years is crazy.

When we were waiting in the airport we were all so nervous. I thought my heart might beat out of my chest. And then he came walking down the hallway! He is so cute and I missed him so much. I'm so happy to have him back.

There are so many emotions when a missionary comes home. I know it can be a hard adjustment in some ways. Brett seems to be doing great though. He talks a little bit funny and drops random Spanish words here and there.

He told our Stake President at church that he's glad to be home but his family is a "little weird." I had to think about it for a minute.


Why are we weird? Hmmm, let's see. Well, maybe it's because we immediately filled him in on all of our "inside jokes," we are constantly acting like Saturday Night Live characters and we play Russian roulette with dart guns. Just to name a few.


I do have to say though that most of our inside jokes HE made up himself in the years before leaving for his mission.


Anyway, here are some pictures of my brother and his homecoming.




Macey holding the "welcome home" balloons.



Waiting in the airport. We are quite a scene... and this isn't even all of us!




Here he comes!!!





Could any missionary be cuter???
Look at that smile!!!





The group. We missed you Angie, Pete and family, and Dustin.





From left to right:
Clayton, my brother Chad, his wife Julie, my sister Kaley, nephew Conner, my dad, Missionary Brett, Lexi, my mom, Logan, behind him my brother Landon, behind him my brother Devin, Macey, me, Dave, and my sis-in-law Kim.

11 comments:

Celia Fae said...

What a cutie. I bet he loved the attention. Maybe to help him adjust you should take him to Jaliscos and let him talk to the people there.

Anonymous said...

He is REALLY a cute missionary! They are not supposed to look that good when they get home! I wish I had a little sister who wasn't married. Your nephews are darling little guys! Your mom and dad are so young to have so many grandkids. How cute is your mom's stylish outfit with the silver and black shirt! Who is the cute boy in the red jacket?

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

How fun! I remember when my BIL came home from his mission. It was so exciting! And, he is a cute missionary!

Sarah Hull said...

What a cute family you have! It is such an exciting time when missionaries come home. Do you live very far from your parents?

angie said...

I love this post! Brett is SO cute! I can't wait to see him. Thanks for all of these pics because I kind of feel like I was there! I'll see you in a few days!

Mindy said...

How exciting! I have only had one brother come home from a mission so far, but it was so neat. When they walk off the plane, it's like a man who looks like your little brother. They grow up so much in those two years!

Rochelleht said...

I had three little brothers come home and they all act a bit strange when they come back and they try to blame it on the fam. :-)

My one brother got after us for playing a game on Sunday. Thought it was breaking the Sabbath. It's true. He's pretty embarrased by that 12 years later.

MishMyBelle said...

Such a fun time with the family! Brett looks great! Send your family my love. Enjoy this time to all be together...it is wonderful!

Jen J said...

Hi d-dawg! It was so fun to look at your blog and see your adorable family! Are you still living out in the Conc?

Brigitta said...

How exciting to have your little brother home. He's a cutie and he looked like he was adjusting very well today at the pool.

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie! Welcome home Brett.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails