Thursday, June 14, 2007

The 2 Dad's in My Life

This is my dad.



Things you might not know about him:

**He is a pro golfer
**He is very funny
**He likes to play tricks on people
**He likes to give out candy and eat candy himself
**He is very nice to all old people
**He is very nice to everyone
**He likes to help people

**He was a star basketball player in high school AND played in college
**He loves his family and has always taken good care of all of us
**He likes to take naps
**He loves to go to movies
**He always gets popcorn at the movies
**He's a great conversationalist
**He has a TON of scriptures memorized
**He loves his Treo





**He was my Bishop when I was in high school

**He drove out and slept on my couch one night when I was scared and Dave was out of town
**He recently lost 25+ pounds
**He likes to spoil everyone at Christmas
**He drove our U-Haul and trailer across the mountains from Utah to California in the middle of the night when we were moving, being chased by a huge snow storm
**He loves music
**He still makes lots of 3 pointers when he plays basketball
**He likes to dance and has some GREAT moves

**He beat all of his sons and sons-in-law in a family tetherball tournament
**He came to girls camp with my sister and I and we did a huge hike
**He'll sacrifice his body to win in sports
**He can beat us all bowling too
**He used to get lots of speeding tickets but is now reformed and hasn't gotten ANY in a long time
**He survived an 11 car pile up car crash in the Caldecott tunnel
**He has a great singing voice

**He LOVES his family and would do anything for any of us at any time
**He LOVES my mom and raves about her every good quality at all times

I love my dad. He's always been a great example to me and I have ALWAYS known that he loves me. I love to talk to him and he is very fun to be around. When I was a little girl I always felt safe when he was there. I was so proud of him and still am. Happy Fathers Day to my dad!




The 2nd dad in my life is my Husband. The daddy to my kids.




What you might not know about him:

**He likes to eat sunflower seeds
**He has GREAT singing voice and can melt my heart when he plays the guitar
**He does NOT like to discipline his kids... he's a softy
**He loves soda but has decided to be caffeine-free for almost 2 years now
**He loves Volkswagons
**He was homecoming king in highschool
**He is a very good swimmer
**He falls asleep in 2.5 seconds at night when his head hits the pillow
**He is very picky about shoes
**He has a Masters in Accounting
**He brushes his teeth for at least 2 full minutes every night
**He likes old movies
**He was voted Mr. DT (Deseret Towers) his freshman year at BYU
**He can make anyone laugh
**He used to skateboard to work
**He is good at drawing
**He played the easter bunny at a ward party one time and hopped all around the building
**He has a Schwinn cruiser that he used to ride to work too
**He can get anyone to like him in just a few minutes
**He gives me back rubs a lot
**He hugs and kisses everyone in our family before he leaves for work everyday
**He calls me during the day all of the time
**He won $100 in a pumpkin carving contest
**He hates wearing church clothes but doesn't complain
**He is friendly to our neighbors
**He is a good listener
**He teaches our kids how to play cards
**He likes to dress up for Halloween every year
**He says yes to almost everything the kids want him to do for them
**He helps around the house a TON
**He loves the colors orange and green
**He crashed his VW bug last year
**He has gotten a bunch of tickets recently and is trying to reform himself
**He is always happy
**He does not get offended easily
**He is an Eagle Scout
**He likes to help strangers he sees that need it
**He wrestles and tickles his kids on a daily basis
**He had a scholarship to BYU
**He laughs a lot
**He helps me cook and does the dishes a lot
**He is calm in a crisis

I love Dave so much. He is so happy and it is contagious. I am so lucky to have him and he is the best dad. My kids almost always pick him over me, which is fine . They think he is halarious and they laugh at almost everything he does. He teaches them so many things I wouldn't ever think to teach them and I love that. Happy Father's day to a great father!




Side note: A lady in my parents ward came up to me last week and said that my husband Dave reminded her so much of my dad. I realized that this is so true! I married someone who has so many of the same qualities that my dad has. They are alike in so many ways and I think that's cool. Happy Fathers day to all of you Father's out there. Dad's are the best.





Give your dad a hug this Sunday.



****

14 comments:

Brigitta said...

Love your Fathers Day tribute!!!! You do have an awesome husband and it sounds like you have a wonderful father. you will have to teach me how to do the favorites. I love the left hand columns of your blog. Chat later

The Dean Family said...

Cute! Love father's day. I love the picture of your husband with your kids..hope that's hanging up in your house! How fun that you live in San Francisco! I've always wanted to visit there. My mom has always said that that's her favorite city! Yes, I LOVE living on Maui. I love everything about it. We live in Lahaina! How fun that you came here! I assume you stay home with your children? Chat later!

Anonymous said...

D! Both such handsome men! They both adore you and are very amazing people. I think that is so neat that someone compared Dave to your Dad! Nothing could be better. You and Dave seem so great together! Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dads!!!

Lesley said...

Great post Denae! I think the world of your Dad and Dave! They are so great and I am happy that you have them! I too, love dads and husbands!!! They really are the best!

Michiko said...

What a nice tribute to the important men in your life! After such wonderful examples to follow, I'm sure Logan will grow up to be an awesome dad someday too! As a funny aside - I'm positive my boys have no idea what has to happen to actually become a father. Maika and Kai will argue about who is going to be a dad first, and Maika claims he wants to be a dad when he's ten . . . hmmm. I hope not! But I think it's cute that they love their dad so much that they can't wait to be one . . . :)

angie said...

I love your post denae! I am getting ready to do a "Dads" one too. I learned a few new things about Dave! I am so glad you married him and that he is in our family- he truly has such a sweet heart and he IS always happy!
We lucked out big time to have Dad! He rules and is the best! I love the pics.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Denae...I just was at my friend summer thacker's web site and saw a comment from someone named Denae...I just clicked on it wondering who that could be and There was a huge picture of my former bishop and favorite walnut creek family...the blodgett's. What a great tribute to your father. I think he is pretty cool myself. Your web site is adorable and I can't believe you already have 3 kids. You are amazing. we are just having our 3rd baby in October. Where do you guys live??? We are down here in orange county not to far from summer T. Email me is you ever get a chance, I would love to hear how your family is and have you tell them I said hello. All my love-
Stacy (wood) Woods.
Emailthewoods@gmail.com

Sarah Hull said...

Danae, What special men you have in your life! The pictures are adorable. You have such a wonderful way with words. Your blogs always make me laugh. Have a wonderful weekend honoring the sweet men in your life.

*Tanyetta* said...

My eyes teared up after this one:
**He drove out and slept on my couch one night when I was scared and Dave was out of town


PERFECT!

i looooooved this post. you have 2 wonderful men in your life. how sweet!

Natalie said...

Great post, Denae! What awesome dads you have in your life. Hope you have a great Father's Day weekend.

grandma said...

You have two special Dads in your life. I've known the "old" one a long time and I love him dearly. The "young" one has grown in my heart and I love him because he loves you.

The Blodgett Buzz said...

thanks for the nice comments , denae. i love you too. two observations -- i was senior ball king and dave has 10 more line items than me. i counted.

D-dawg said...

Dadders! I totally forgot you were the king too! And I didn't count the items per person, but I should have. Next time I will.

Rochelleht said...

That was very very sweet! What a blessed life!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails