Tax season is finally over. I am so relieved and can’t wait to have a normal life again with my husband around!!!
We are taking a much needed vacation to Disneyland. Our kids have never been there and I just can’t wait to see the excitement on their little faces!!
I have a few worries though. They are:
***Will my occasional type A personality come bursting forth when I walk through the gate of Disneyland?
***Will I start ordering everyone to walk faster and maybe even run to each ride?
***Will I be able to hold myself back from forcing my kids on the scary rides?
***Will we get to do EVERYTHING that we want to do?
***Will I lose one of my children?
***Will Macey fall and crack her head again?
***Will Logan throw up? (Like he did today and often does)?
***Will someone else get the flu and throw up?
***Will I do as my brother is telling me and go on Tower or Terror? Alone? And then get super scared and embarrass myself?
***Will I drop my new camera (like I often have in the past) when frantically trying to take 1000 pictures?
***Will our cat Buster die while we’re gone? Or wander off? Or get killed by a Racoon?
These are just some of the concerns going through my head. But mostly I am super excited.
Maybe too excited.
I know I need to just relax and make it a fun trip for the kids. But I just can’t help feeling the need to plan everything out and make it all run smoothly!
***
6 comments:
D-dawg~ I am the D-land expert! We have season passes and go alot since we are only about 25 minutes away. You will have a BLAST! Tower or Terror is so scary... get ready to wet your pants! Your kids will not be stolen... I actually feel pretty safe whenever I go! There are usually quick lines on small world, pirates of the carribean and Haunted Mansion. Long lines will be Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. Big Thunder Mountain is a fave of mine with a medium size wait. Go on the little train in Ca adventure b/c everytime you pass a food item... it smells like that food. Also- soaring over CA is soo fun! Same smell thing there. There is a candu/ bakery shop when you exit out of splash moutain. Get the choc. chip cookie there! So yummy!!! And lastly- just have fun! It is the happiest place on earth and your kids will be in heaven!
Be sure and take the kids on Buzz LightYear! They each need their OWN Laser Gun too. :)
Everyone will have a great time!
p.s. I love your list of obsessive thoughts. Are you and I related????? :)
Sorry, no advice Denae because I haven't been there in awhile but it sounds like a lot of fun. I am happy that tax season is over and that you are taking a little family vacation!!! I am sure the kids will have a blast and I love the fact that you are worried about walking to fast and ordering the kids to keep up!!! Sounds familiar-I think it runs in the family!!! :) (our dads!) Anyway, have a great time and I can't wait to see all the pictures! And don't worry about Buster! I have a good feeling that he is going to be fine! :) Love ya!
We've been twice with three of our four children, and all I have to say is this:
http://www.ridemax.com
I'm not kidding. It works! It's amazing. I was so frustrated at first because I thought it would make us into schedule Nazi's, but instead, we were able to have so much time and we rode every ride we wanted --several times, even! It's been tried and true for us twice now, so it's my best advice.
Have fun! :) I wish I was going with you...
Have fun guys! Jakob and I talked about crashing your family Disneyland trip and coming, too. But, alas, we have to save our Disneyland money for when Jakob's Grandma passes and we go to L.A. for the funeral. Sounds a little insensitive, but young, frugal families have to plan ahead!
I forgot to comment on this blog, but I was laughing so hard. I totally know what you mean about getting ready for a vacation. Its exhausting! I'm ultra-anal when it comes to packing, planning etc. It will be tough getting ready for our trip since we're leaving the kids and I want to have like every second scheduled and explained to my brother. And I know I'm going to miss them like crazy but it will also be SO nice to just be me and Chad for a week!
Post a Comment