Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Soap Frusterations

Dave usually takes care to replace the soap in our shower when it is down to nothing. So imagine my chagrin when I stepped under the running water this morning, soaked myself, and then looked up to the soap tray to see this:
I had 2 choices. Try to use the sliver of soap left to get clean, or step out into the freezing air and search the drawers for a new bar.
Hmmmmm.... what would you do??
by the way, Dave, if you're reading this, we need to talk.

11 comments:

angie said...

Ha ha! I hate that! That has happened to me many of times and I always go with choice #2. I venture out into the cold air- get another bar and then turn the heat up upon returning to the shower. I'm curious... what did you do??

Natalie said...

How funny! Drew usually replaces our soap bar, too. That's because I always go with option number one. I hate stepping out into the cold. It's amazing the lather you can get from even just a sliver of soap :).

janellelee said...

d-funny! michael does NOT replace the soap, he doesnt even leave me a sliver....if he is home, i will just yell for him to help me, if not, then i venture out to find one. love the picture! you guys are so funny!

Dave said...

In my defense... the soap has basically been a sliver for a week.

And I used it very sparingly this morning.

So all you man-haters out there can back off!

Just kidding, I know you're not man-haters.

The fact that this was a significant enough event to merit its own blog indicates that I almost never forget to replace the soap.

I hope you all have a good day, and are very conscious of the size of the soap BEFORE you get in the shower next time.

Lesley said...

YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY!!!! Jared usually is the one to change our bar of soap too, but that has happened to me before too and I too, usually stand under the warm water for a few minutes contemplating my choices and I usually go with option #2 as well. I hate it though. It's so flippin cold. Funny post!

jenbahrens said...

"LOL" Denae! (I'm trying to use some of the up-to-date "blogger" words) I'm still pretty new to this blogging thing. I don't know how you guys do it so much. But I love it--I love that I'm in touch with my cousins again.

Anonymous said...

Denae - I'm not much of a blogger but had to get in on this after seeing both Dave and myself slandered by this post. You've got to be kidding. I have to say that Dave has been very generous to leave that amount of soap for you. Based on the picture and estimated size of the soap, I would say that there is enough there to wash yourself, the kids, as well as any laundry, dishes, and animals for about two weeks. There are times when I have used a bar of soap that was so small it is invisible. Janelle thinks I don't replace the soap, but her eyes aren't as good as mine. You should thank Dave!

D-dawg said...

Michael welcome to the blogging world! I have to agree with you a little bit... it could have been worse... it's not the smallest sliver I've seen, however, I don't think I'll be using my soap to do the dishes or clean an animal any time soon! (o:

Mindy said...

Everyone's comments are so funny! When my bar of soap is a small sliver, I usually....grab Jakob's. We each have our own. And, sadly, I'm usually the one left in a bind because Jakob is pretty good about changing his out.

janellelee said...

d-(just so you know, we do NOT use bar soap for any of those cleaning purposes...just in the shower!)

Lillie said...

Is it just because they shower first usually? If the soap is gone when I get in there... I'm baffled like... this white block runs OUT eventually? Huh? Usually it's just replaced before I'm forced to think about it. We should really just keep it that way, come on Dave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails