
I am cold ALL of the time. I've decided that it is diminishing the quality of my life.
When you are constantly cold, your muscles are always tense and you are in pain. And all you think about is getting under some blankets or sitting on your behind in front of the heat dish. It's a waste of time to sit in front of the heat dish but that is what I do ALOT. I dread going outside or getting into my freezing cold car. I also dread washing my hands because I'm usually in a hurry and can't wait for the water to get warm. I often find myself standing in front of the warm oven with the door open when cooking something. All I think about all day is blankets, jackets, the heat dish and hot soup or chocolate. It is a miserable way to live. I dress in layers everyday including wearing a jacket around a lot. I use the heat dish. My heater is turned up to 72 everyday ( I can't bear to go higher because it costs too much). What else can I do? I've tried to talk Dave into moving to Hawaii but he is worried about the commute being too long. I say it's worth it to be warm all of the time! I love being warm. I can't wait till summer. Here is a picture of me doing what I do for many hours a day. Can anyone else relate???
10 comments:
I can relate! I'm hecka cold, too! Maybe you should share the heat dish with me once in a while... teasin'!
I don't recall the request to move to Hawaii... I think I would have considered it...
Don't worry... there are only about 120 left of winter... (OUCH!)
Oh, and don't even think of turning the heat above 72... (c=
That is so funny about you being cold all the time! I can't relate - I think I'm cold when it's cold and hot when it's hot. But my mom was cold ALL the time. She would even wear leg warmers to church and slip on heavy socks and slippers once we were sitting in our pew. How did you survive when you were living in Utah with the snow? It's super snowy here today, and I am chilled to the bone trying to recover from my drive to pick up Kobe. Warm Wishes!
I'm not as cold this year because of my little internal space heater =) but last year was MISERABLE. One of these days my husband will stop going to school and make some money so we can afford to turn on the heat around here. The thermostat is set for 55 at night and 62 during the day - we have space heaters in every room in our house so the boys don't freeze, but the worst is waking up in the morning, opening the bedroom door and walking out into the frigid hall . . . Forget about walking on the tile without your feet turning to ice! Hope you keep warm!
Denae, forget the heat dish. You just need to gain some weight. That will take care of the problem. I've been nice and insulated here in MN (currently 23 degrees today thank you very much). So, don't look for blankets. Go find a twinkie.
Natalie stole my punchline. (smile) I used to be cold about 20 or so lbs ago too.
Denae you crack me up! I love reading your blogs because I never know what to expect!! You are so creative! I totally remember that about you though-always being cold! Like everyone else is saying-you are just skinny!!! I wish I had that problem but unfortunately I haven't lost all the baby weight yet! Love ya!
HA HA! I don't know what's funnier: the picture, the post or the comments!!! Or the fact that I'm reading this while curled under a blanket with only my hands peeking out.
We'd love to see you and all, but don't come soon. It will be 4 here tonight. Yes, that was right. 4. As in 1, 2, 3, FOUR.
I'm dreaming of a warm Christmas.
HAHA! Denae - I can totally relate! Ever since winter hit here I cannot get warm. I actually asked Chad for the heat dish for Christmas last night. Whenever our heat comes on it feels like the AC, but I guess its warming our house somehow. I'm always in my big hooded sweatshirt and have tense neck muscles. Every winter in Utah I swear that it must be my LAST. And then the nice spring, summer and fall comes and I forget untill its too late and the suffering begins again :)...and the cracked finger returns. I'll move to Hawaii with you!
"D",
I am so sorry you are cold all the time- you and mom both! Luckily, I have more of dad in me and i am hot all the time- just this morning I quickly turned down the heat and atleast once a day I open the sliding glass door to let in some wonderful freezing glorious air! It snowed this week! I am sorry I can't relate. I can relate to dad and I want the air blasting as much as possible. p.s. I should send you all my jackets- people in the community always ask me "aren't you cold?" because t-shirts are my best friends! (even in the winter) I get cold sometimes and if I am cold then everyone will know it is unbearably freezing!
Hey Denae I am exactly like you and I used to be worse until I discovered that any time I drank anything cold I would be freezing for the next hour. I learned how to drink hot water when I was in Taiwan and now I LOVE it and I drink it all of the time to warm up (most people think that is so gross). I hate my life right now because I am living in Utah and it is so darn cold here. I curse the car makers every day for not making a heated steering wheel standard for every single car. My current solution to the cold problem is a heating pad that Marc originally bought for his back. It plugs into the wall and goes with me all around the house. I put it on my lap while we are watching tv or I put it in my bed before I get in. My last solution--two wiener dogs in my bed. I shove my freezing cold feet under their little bodies every night. :)
Post a Comment