Sunday, September 03, 2006
wiping bums all day long.....
I should write a song about it. I swear, some days I feel like all I do is wipe bums! I know Logan's 4 and should be wiping himself by now but he's not, OK? And Macey is potty training right now! I know it's crazy and she's too young but she's forcing me to do it! She won't stop talking about it and running into the bathroom and taking her diaper off etc. She just really wants to go on the potty.... so that's why were doing it. But it is no fun. Potty training is the worst. It's having to run at full speed from the back of Target to the bathroom in the front of Target when your child says, "mommy potty." It's having to clean poo off of the carpet while the blinds guy is measuring your windows because you were too busy talking to him to notice your child saying, "mommy poo poos." It's having to give your child a treat every other minute for going potty and then they're too full of treats to eat regular food. It's having to use public restrooms (SICK!) and squat in front of the potty holding your child on it for 10 minutes waiting for her to go because she said she had too! And you wouldn't want to discourage it or say, "just go in your diaper" because you might ruin the whole thing for good! aaaaahhhh! Although I have said, "just go in your diaper" a few times like when my grocery cart is full, or we're at a soccer game miles away from any restroom. But then I have to watch Macey have an anxiety attack about it and cry and say, "potty mommy, out! potty out mommy! Macey potty, mommy, potty, me, mommy, potty! a hundred times!!!! And the worst part about it is that she's doing really great, but I'm afraid the excitement will wear off and she'll then have accidents for the next year. Cross your fingers for me that that won't happen. Now c'mom share your potty training experiences with me.... I know there are some good ones out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Denae, this was so funny. I do not leave the house while potty training and go into a cabin fever funk! We do sticker charts here instead of treats. They work really well. You can find potty charts to download on the internet. Elizabeth liked picking the sticker and putting it onto the chart. Sorry about the Blinds guy that sounded awful!
Denae, I am so sorry and I am not excited to potty train the little boys! 2 at a time will be very wild. They are not ready and every time i put Carsen on the potty to practice, he screams "done!" in 1 second! mom swears by "naked and $75 bucks" so I will probably do that when the time is right for my boys.
once while Kameron was training, we were in Burlington coat factory and pete took her to the bathroom and he flushed her underwear down the toilet- she was tramatized for 2 weeks about it saying "daddy flushed my panties down!" and I am positive we clugged their toilet!
I hear ya...I'm glad clayton is pretty much potty trained...but poop accidents in underwear is just nasty. I've been known to just throw the underwear away because I just don't want to clean them. Good job for Macey -- the younger the better!
I can't beleive that you are potty training? Calvin is nowhere near ready and I think that Macey is younger than he is! I waited until Henry was almost 3 andthen iow as on bedrest, preg wiith Calvin, and I thought,"I will have to be home for two weeks so I might as well do it now."
He was accident free in 2 days.
Maybe I'll do the same with Calvin except hopefully not have to be pregnant on bed rest:)
Wow! Macey is already potty training . . . I wonder if that is the difference between boys and girls. I had to initiate the "training" both times. If I had waited for them to take an interest, we'd probably still be waiting!
I'm sure you already know about them, but I'll tell you anyway, I LOVE those Kandoo wipes! Aren't they the best? I wish they were around when I was training Maika.
Good luck, and hang in there, you'll be happy you did when it's all over!
I still wipe my youngest, and we both know how old he is. My best method for poop training is hosing my kids off in the backyard (cold hose water is very shocking) if they crap their pants. They all have fond memories of it. Don't tell CPS.
Post a Comment