Wednesday, August 16, 2006

good things for kids

My kids have been playing really well lately. They have a few favorite things that they love to play. Now don't get me wrong, they haven't given up playing dogs or jaguar family, it's just that they've broadened their horizons. (Thank heavens, I'm so sick of animals all over the house, which was worsened when my friend bought my kids dogs dishes (you know who you are (o:)

Anyway these are the toys they've been loving lateley!

MANCALA
For those of you out there that haven't played, it's super fun and kids can play it by themselves and practice their counting skills. My kids played it the other night before bed in their underwear. Lexi is super competitive and I'm pretty sure she was tricking Logan a lot but he didn't know and still had fun.

Pattern blocks. If you don't any of these, get some! Acutally we are just borrowing ours from Uncle Landon (thanks Landon and sorry we haven't returned them yet!) My kids will sit for a long time and put together different shapes and patters... great toy!
Their next favorite thing is OTTER POPS! They are supposedley only allowed 2 per day but we end up having more, I love them too! They are easy for even Macey to eat and best of all they don't get your kid all sticky, yae! Sorry about Macey's snot in the picture she has a cold.


Last but not least my kids love to just hang around on me. The other day they were all trying to sit on my lap when I sat down on the floor for a split second. So I took a picture of us. I know I don't play with my kids as much as other moms but when I can spare a minute or two I try to at least sit down and watch what they're doing or read them a book. Since I don't play with them a ton they have learned to entertain themselves really well and keep busy even when they're alone. Yae!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those toys/games sound great! I'll definitely have to look into them for my boys! Thanks for the great advice!

Julie said...

Denae - Great ideas - I definately want to get some of those pattern blocks. I think Clayton would love those. Where did Landon get those? Clayton and I are bored right now and so this was a good blog to read - I think we'll go play mancala! By the way - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! we'll call ya later. hope you're having a great day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails